Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 06:59 PM

Default Re: I 4bet with A8s

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
its not only that we are dominated, its that by calling with this hand we will be extremly difficult position once we see the flop and will put us in a situation where its very hard to play properly

and I do not think a8 plays good vs his range at all

[/ QUOTE ]

You never call people light in 3bet pots IP? By not calling this pf you are extremely exploitable. 4betting isn't bad but this hand has value and now it doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is ridiculous. Not calling three bets with A8s makes you 'extremely exploitable'? How exactly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not calling 3bets with less than premium hands makes you exploitable. Especially if we are in position.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are tons of non-premium hands that play better two street poker than A8
Old 11-15-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
its not only that we are dominated, its that by calling with this hand we will be extremly difficult position once we see the flop and will put us in a situation where its very hard to play properly

[/ QUOTE ]

You never call people light in 3bet pots IP? By not calling this pf you are extremely exploitable. 4betting isn't bad but this hand has value and now it doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is ridiculous. Not calling three bets with A8s makes you 'extremely exploitable'? How exactly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not calling 3bets with less than premium hands makes you exploitable. Especially if we are in position.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Such as?
Old 11-15-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Such as?

[/ QUOTE ]

any suited connector, non-suited connectors JT+, one gap broadways and one gap suited connectors??
Old 11-15-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Such as?

[/ QUOTE ]
Suited broadway?
Old 11-15-2007, 07:10 PM

why not just fold pf?
Old 11-15-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Such as?

[/ QUOTE ]

any suited connector, non-suited connectors JT+, one gap broadways and one gap suited connectors??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah don't agree with this at all. You think a hand like 86s suited is better than A8s in a 3bet pot? What is your reasoning behind liking 8 high over Ace high. If it is because you will "hit more flops" then it is a little misguided. The whole allure of calling with Ace high is two fold.

1) If we hit an ace we can comfortably commit to the pot. This idea alone makes it attractive to call.

2) Most flops will miss our opponent and when he c-bets, Ace high will me ahead of most of his c-betting range.

You mentioned suited 1 gappers? You realize hands like these will make 2nd or 3rd pair FAR more often than straight draws right? These hands are exponentially harder to player than Axs hands and will leave you very vulnerable to getting outplayed.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why not just fold pf?

[/ QUOTE ]
YGOS?
Old 11-15-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1) If we hit an ace we can comfortably commit to the pot. This idea alone makes it attractive to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant comfortably commit to the pot with a8 when an ace flops, because a large majority of the time when that happens we will be dominated

[ QUOTE ]
2) Most flops will miss our opponent and when he c-bets, Ace high will me ahead of most of his c-betting range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares if you have 8 high or ace high they will have the same showdown value in that spot; when you get to showdown you’re a high will win very little.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant comfortably commit to the pot with a8 when an ace flops, because a large majority of the time when that happens we will be dominated

false

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares if you have 8 high or ace high they will have the same showdown value in that spot; when you get to showdown you’re a high will win very little.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're totally missing the point.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why not just fold pf?

[/ QUOTE ]
YGOS?

[/ QUOTE ]
i used to be all into fps and making moves but then i realized its dumb.