Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt Account Policy

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has it actually been confirmed her account was closed due to "botting"?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. She posted the email she received from FT, and it was for botting. I can't remember how they phrased it, something about illegal AI software, but it amounts to the same thing.

Usually when FT catches someone who opened a second account for RB, they close the second account and transfer the money back to the first. I've never heard of anyone having money seized at FT for opening a second account. I suppose they might if someone was using multiple accounts to cheat, but I've never heard of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thankyou. The sillysal thread was getting too long to find any specific info!
Old 11-05-2007, 11:43 PM

To be fair re: SillySal.

Initial FTP accusation was undefined.
FTP emails suggested recipient of fraudulent funds (presumably via dumping).
CrazyMike accused of multiple accounts, but not of botting.
FT Convicted her of botting (>100K hand sample).
No significant evidence is public.

Regarding Changing of account names for high stake pros:

THIS STINKS TO HIGH HELL!!!

So Antonious (and who knows how many others) are able to get many $100K of unjustified action as an "unknown whale" until the new SN is somehow discovered? WTF??? All the while play money players are denied rakeback when they finally deposit because "we only allow one account per person, and you knew no better than to sign up via our website, lol, TY4rake".

Wrong IMO.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:19 AM

So are all high limit players allowed a second account or only the reds? If it is only the reds than that is BS. There money is no better than anyone elses. High limit B & M players can get comped quite well. Granted. But they can't change their appearance.

But lets say they allow this exclusively for high limits players (because they are such wonderful customers), where do you draw the line? At what limit do they cut off the elgibility? Also what if they play medium limits as well? Can they play both accounts there too? What if the majority of players do not want it to happen? I don't.
Like where does it [censored] stop. One player one account is the only answer!

If the reason is that the reds want some anonymity well thats just to bad. Then they should not have gone red in the first place. They want the prestige of being a red and also the anonymity of a second account. [censored] that. One or the other like everyone else.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So are all high limit players allowed a second account or only the reds? If it is only the reds than that is BS. There money is no better than anyone elses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but no, their money is better than yours. Not only do they pay rake, but they attract other players who pay rake.

[ QUOTE ]

If the reason is that the reds want some anonymity well thats just to bad. Then they should not have gone red in the first place. They want the prestige of being a red and also the anonymity of a second account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Full Tilt asks them to be red names and I'm sure there is some compensation involved. Since Full Tilt gains from having red named pros playing on their site, it is in their best interest to keep them happy. Allowing them a little leeway with the rules is a way of doing that.

I've seen Matusow berate players endlessly in chat, circumventing the profanity filter, and being entirely inappropriate and yet I've had my chat banned for some very minor infractions. I accept that there are people more important than me and the rules will be bent for them. Not a big deal IMO.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So Antonious (and who knows how many others) are able to get many $100K of unjustified action as an "unknown whale" until the new SN is somehow discovered? WTF??? All the while play money players are denied rakeback when they finally deposit because "we only allow one account per person, and you knew no better than to sign up via our website, lol, TY4rake".

[/ QUOTE ]

Their other accounts don't go unnoticed for long. I think it's more a privacy issue for the big name players since you don't see new solid names in the high stakes games constantly like you would if multiple accounts were being abused.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:37 AM

So its all about Fulltilt. Sometimes you have to make business decisons based on the wants and needs of your customers and not just the chosen few who already gain in other monetary ways. Favouring your PR guys is questionable. They may just piss off a few hl players who do not have equal privileges. Maybe some will move to stars if they are not allow second accounts. If other hl players are granted second accounts then that brings up my points in the previous post.

I do not completely disagree with your points but I do think FT is heading in the wrong direction with this.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I doubt he was, and I don't know what's with all the lol'ing. Although it was a pretty stupid PM, posting PM's is generally frowned upon. Don't get me wrong, I'm not losing any sleep over it, as this thread's pretty
silly...but generally speaking, posting PMs isn't cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly my point.

[/ QUOTE ]
If someone sends me a PM that I don't feel would be appropriate to share with others, I wouldn't post it. If I wasn't sure if it was appropriate, I wouldn't post it.

But when someone sends me a pm like this:

title: moron

"its posts like yours that make 2+2 so much worse than it could be...if you are not interested in something, instead of bumping it with your moronic comments, DONT READ IT "

--

(after the way he's acted in this thread)

I will post it every single time, and I will laugh at anyone who tells me it wasn't appropriate to post it.

If the guy had personal info of any kind in the PM, I wouldn't ever post it, no matter what he said, even if he's extremely disrespectful / stupid / ridiculous / whatever. But read the PM (and look at the thread). If you still think it was inappropriate, that's fine, but I disagree. If anyone is in the wrong here, it's him for sending that in the first place.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I will post it every single time, and I will laugh at anyone who tells me it wasn't appropriate to post it.

If the guy had personal info of any kind in the PM, I wouldn't ever post it, no matter what he said, even if he's extremely disrespectful / stupid / ridiculous / whatever. But read the PM (and look at the thread). If you still think it was inappropriate, that's fine, but I disagree. If anyone is in the wrong here, it's him for sending that in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to really struggle to comprehend, but this guy's PRIVATE message to you has absolutely NO bearing on this topic. He made a statement to you and to you directly. Now stop acting like a little tell-tale and if someone PM's you in the future keep it exactly as that and either respond to them directly or ignore them.

If Jeff wanted to put his comment on the forum directly he would have done.

Anyway the last two comments (before a nonymous and my useless comment here) have thrown up some valid points. FT shouldn't really "bend" the rules fopr anyone. Rules are there for everyone to follow and if you bend it for some players then maybe you should change the TOS of the site.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this guy's PRIVATE message to you has absolutely NO bearing on this topic.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree.
[ QUOTE ]
Now stop acting like a little tell-tale and if someone PM's you in the future keep it exactly as that and either respond to them directly or ignore them.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I feel it's appropriate, I'll post it. If I feel it isn't, I won't.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

title: moron

"its posts like yours that make 2+2 so much worse than it could be...if you are not interested in something, instead of bumping it with your moronic comments, DONT READ IT "

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, where in this PM is there anything relevant to Full Tilt account policy, which is the theme of this thread.???

This PM is meant for YOU. Wow, its like banging my head on a brick wall!!