Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 08:48 AM

Default Re: I will live exactly and completly as god tells me to from now on

[ QUOTE ]
What if you're asking with an impure motive? Will God answer you then?
Try taking a shortcut. Ask as many people as you can if they ever received a spectacular blessing or a blessing that bordered on the miraculous. We have Brunson in SuperSystem telling us he got 3 of them in his own family. I know of several people that have received stupendous blessings.
Maybe we're blessed but we're not recoginizing the blessings. Sort of what Harrington says about luck. We're lucky, but we only note the bad beats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Splendour,

Do you believe some guy 2000 years ago flew up in the skies without a tornado or jetpack?
Old 10-25-2007, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Try taking a shortcut. Ask as many people as you can if they ever received a spectacular blessing or a blessing that bordered on the miraculous. We have Brunson in SuperSystem telling us he got 3 of them in his own family. I know of several people that have received stupendous blessings.
Maybe we're blessed but we're not recoginizing the blessings. Sort of what Harrington says about luck. We're lucky, but we only note the bad beats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not received and I was a genuine as could be in asking, shiite in my infantile days I wanted no less than being a saint, so I presume it is only luck and not god. Go Brunson! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 09:06 AM

I have hope for you MidGe [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 09:14 AM

Splendour,

Do you believe some guy 2000 years ago flew up in the skies without a tornado or jetpack?

Nielsio, are you asking this with a pure motive? I might follow the example of God and not answer you here if its not pure. I hope people on this forum understand that. I only answer what seems a reasonable question with hopefully as reasonable an answer as possible. I may totally ignore blasphemies. Also I get more than my fair share of questions so I miss a few. Some of the meaning behind posts on this site are almost indecipherable. So if I don't understand a question how can I answer it. Then again there are things so out of line I prefer not to answer them and you know what thats my absolute prerogative.

The language you are couching this question in doesn't make it seem reasonable.

If you're asking if I think God can do anything. Then the answer is yes!
Old 10-25-2007, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have hope for you MidGe [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

And I have hope for you Splendour! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My motive is as pure as anyones. I would genuinly be ecstatic if god came and talked to me and told me what to do in my life it would be the greatest thing possible. THe chance to do as god says and achieve everlasting life nad happiness. What is different about me that god will come and talk to others but not me? This is the second day of me asking for him to come and chat to me just for 5 mins and he still hasn't.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Splendour,

Nielsio, are you asking this with a pure motive? I might follow the example of God and not answer you here if its not pure. I hope people on this forum understand that. I only answer what seems a reasonable question with hopefully as reasonable an answer as possible. I may totally ignore blasphemies. Also I get more than my fair share of questions so I miss a few. Some of the meaning behind posts on this site are almost indecipherable. So if I don't understand a question how can I answer it. Then again there are things so out of line I prefer not to answer them and you know what thats my absolute prerogative.

The language you are couching this question in doesn't make it seem reasonable.

If you're asking if I think God can do anything. Then the answer is yes!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you aren't willing to answer a simple question, why are you bringing up this god talk all over the forum?
Old 10-25-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He would he know which religion's God granted these blessings?

Doing this would tell him nothing.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:56 AM

Nielsio, I've said it before in other threads, but maybe the significance of this phrase was lost in the busy-ness of the internet. The bible says "Peace, be still and know I am God" or something like that I didn't look up the quote.

The Bible also says "Faith is by hearing." Apparently you can't hear me on the internet. You hear in church services or in the homes of believers. It's the word. The word was made to be spoken as well as read. Good luck, I hope you understand. Probably the closest you can come to hearing it is reading Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. You get there on Christ and nobody else. Genesis is the opening book of the bible with certainly a lot of relevant information but its not the key. Christ is. He's The Way, The Truth and The Life. We're not Genetians, we're Christians. God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth. To listen twice as much as we talk.

That why its a leap of faith not a scientific test. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nielsio, I've said it before in other threads, but maybe the significance of this phrase was lost in the busy-ness of the internet. The bible says "Peace, be still and know I am God" or something like that I didn't look up the quote.

The Bible also says "Faith is by hearing." Apparently you can't hear me on the internet. You hear in church services or in the homes of believers. It's the word. The word was made to be spoken as well as read. Good luck, I hope you understand. Probably the closest you can come to hearing it is reading Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. You get there on Christ and nobody else. Genesis is the opening book of the bible with certainly a lot of relevant information but its not the key. Christ is. He's The Way, The Truth and The Life. We're not Genetians, we're Christians. God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth. To listen twice as much as we talk.

That why its a leap of faith not a scientific test. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't help you.

[x] On ignore.