View Poll Results: $80k-$100k
0-20% 2 11.76%
20-40% 4 23.53%
40-60% 8 47.06%
60-80% 2 11.76%
80-100% 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Should this trade be allowed or vetoed as collusion?

[ QUOTE ]
OP,

Where is your team in this league?

I ask because the trade seems a lot more balanced than almost all OPs of this type in the forum and you seem to be arguing on technicalities and not intent. Also, you won't likely win a lot of friends if you have a top team and veto this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-22-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe this trade, in any identical league with different players, is against the rules because of its lopsidedness. I also believe that in this instance it is flat out collusion, but I certainly wouldn't be asking you guys for help determining *that*, since you don't know either person or the way the league has played out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You did not post a rule that hints at lopsided trades being a problem. Your two rules talked about an owner intending to better his team, and one about collusion. If it's collusion veto it.. if it's not collusion don't. Your rule 3 specifically uses the word collusive. I don't know how you are interpreting it but that is not referring to uneven trades.. its referring to collusive behavior.

I would like to note that if you do deem it collusion you should probably not play in this league again.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe this trade, in any identical league with different players, is against the rules because of its lopsidedness. I also believe that in this instance it is flat out collusion, but I certainly wouldn't be asking you guys for help determining *that*, since you don't know either person or the way the league has played out.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I did know these people I would ask them why they were in a league with a nit.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:00 AM

OP, you asked this question already knowing full well what you would do anyway... SO JUST DO IT ALREADY!! you obviously dont care what people here have to say because everyone in here basically agrees that this trade is fine yet you are persistent in wanting to veto.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe this trade, in any identical league with different players, is against the rules because of its lopsidedness.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it wouldn't.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I LOL at threads like this where the OP asks a question, then everyone tells OP the answer and OP is like WTF you're all wrong.

Why ask the question when you already made up your mind? Get out of your convoluted fantasy world that your brain lives in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So then don't ask questions and don't make polls. Just make a post titled, "WTF LOOK AT THIS BLATANT COLLUSION HAHAHAHA!!!"
Old 10-23-2007, 12:05 AM

I have allowed worse trades in leagues as commish. Don't have an example off top of my head but more lopsided -ev, whatever. The players were obviously not colluding. If you think they are then it's different but that's a bold accusation to make.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:09 AM

why do ppl make questions when they already have their mind made up?
Old 10-23-2007, 12:09 AM

I am not sure whether this should be overturned, but I have no idea how you guys think the difference between LT + Braylon over Parker + Driver is even close to the difference between Eli and Campbell (pcik your favorite free agent QB). LT has almost 50 points more than Parker btw.