Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2007, 02:41 AM

Default 10-20 QQ vs. UTG limp rr

Villain is a Bellagio regular, Jay. I'd never played with him before but had been on his left for about three hours when this hand occured. I haven't been out of line and neither has he. The only hand I've shown down in a big pot was the NF on an a-high paired board against an EP raiser where the a-3-3 flop was checked around and I just called his turn bet when I made my hand and value-bet the blank river when it was checked to me.

We're seven handed when this hand takes place, and I noticed that he had switched gears and was playing a little faster than earlier.

He limps UTG (i thought he was in the BB) and I raise QQ to $100 UTG+1. Folds back to him and he raises to $400. He has about $1700 behind after the raise and I cover. I call.

Flop

10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He shoves $1700 into $800.

A couple of things; I'm sure he thinks I wont flat call with AA or KK pf very often, so he probably assumes I have TT-AK. After a few hours of play and a little discussion he probably assumes I'm capable of folding a big hand. In live poker huge overbets are more often a nut hand than a bluff, but he seemed capable of putting me on QQ-JJ and expecting me to lay it down to this board/action.

Thoughts on preflop appreciated, as well as the flop decision.

-Tex