Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 01:14 AM

Default Re: Who here finished college in 4 years?

I go to Western Illinois University and it's a pretty low quality state school. I am going to graduate with a history degree in 4 years, it is not that hard. My last semester I will take 9 credit hours.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
where brilliant people seem to make up a large percentage of the users.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha I must have missed that part of these forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the part where everybody posts their LSAT scores and they are always 95% +? THAT PART OF THE FORUM?!
Old 10-22-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
where brilliant people seem to make up a large percentage of the users.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha I must have missed that part of these forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the part where everybody posts their LSAT scores and they are always 95% +? THAT PART OF THE FORUM?!

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure if this is sarcasm, but think of the majority that don't post their scores
Old 10-22-2007, 03:16 AM

i didn't try AT ALL and i received a degree in economics with a minor in english from a top 70 school in 4 years.

i mean seriously, i didn't try. at all.......

i walked into my business forecasting class for the first time in 2.5 weeks and apparently we were having the midterm. ???? oops!! lol.

college was not difficult. sure if you want A's you probably have to try. but trying is for losers amirite?
Old 10-22-2007, 03:31 AM

heh, i'll be graduating in 4 years and earning a masters in a 5th. one of my friends is earning his degree + masters in 4 years (he's crazy and takes a lot of classes each quarter, but he still has a good social life).

i dunno, graduating in 4 years is the standard here (at stanford) and the only people i can think of doing more than 4 are athletes and some random other people. most people do 4 years, though.

but despite that, i don't think it should be a stigma to not graduate in 4 years. i do think that, if you go into college knowing what you want to do and you choose the right major, you should be capable of graduating in 4 years, but not everyone knows what major they want, or they like school and want to prolong the stay, etc...

OP, are you living on campus, or off? my theory is that it's easier both to study and be social when you're on campus. when you're off campus, college isn't as fun because you don't meet people as easily, and it's harder because you don't have easy access to study groups. that might make it harder to graduate in 4 years.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
college was not difficult. sure if you want A's you probably have to try. but trying is for losers amirite?

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm going to have to disagree with this. i think college is very hard for most people, unless you didn't try in high school and/or chose to go to a school that's beneath your ability. high school was an absolute joke for me - i studied maybe 10 hours total in 4 years and had a 4.6 gpa. but i bust my ass in college, and there are virtually no classes where i can get away without studying and going to class. even the "jock" classes here still require that you put in some work if you want the A.

anyways, my point is that college isn't easy for the vast majority of people. if it really was that easy for you, you probably could have gone to a much better school. (i'm not saying you should have, merely that you could have. obviously it's not in everyone's life plan to go to the best school they possibly can). i highly doubt that you would be saying college was so easy if you went to a top 10 school.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm going to have to disagree with this. i think college is very hard for most people, unless you didn't try in high school and/or chose to go to a school that's beneath your ability. high school was an absolute joke for me - i studied maybe 10 hours total in 4 years and had a 4.6 gpa. but i bust my ass in college, and there are virtually no classes where i can get away without studying and going to class. even the "jock" classes here still require that you put in some work if you want the A.

[/ QUOTE ]
wasn't the point of what he said if you dont care about getting an A, just passing?
Old 10-22-2007, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
wasn't the point of what he said if you dont care about getting an A, just passing?

[/ QUOTE ]
the jock classes still require you to do work to get the A. normal classes require you to do work to get a B. it's the Cs that are easy here. so yes, i guess if you just want to have a 2.0 GPA, then college could be easy. i don't think most people are going for a 2.0, though.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
uh...its ridiculously easy to graduate in 4 years

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-22-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the jock classes still require you to do work to get the A. normal classes require you to do work to get a B. it's the Cs that are easy here. so yes, i guess if you just want to have a 2.0 GPA, then college could be easy. i don't think most people are going for a 2.0, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

D's get degrees.