What do u mean? U won...

[/ QUOTE ]

true.

Its the effort that counts?
Old 10-19-2007, 03:31 AM

Default Re: [censored] VIETCONG

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just looked at this guy's results and I am astonished. There's no way he's a regular donk who is running hot, because it's too hot.

Can somebody post some hh of his leaks? I think there's a possibility he's doing something right that none of us are.

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone remember kwob20? Still plays sometimes. Just goes to show what is possible if ur aggresive and really lucky deep in tourneys, no matter how awful you are

[/ QUOTE ]

hes still up 35k on the year!
Old 10-19-2007, 10:11 AM

That was obv either him or someone here messing around. There's no way it was his daughter.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:00 AM

vietcong is one of the more interesting players to watch... He doesn't do any of that 3-bet preflop junk that everyone and their dog is doing. He sees a flop/outplays people/reads people/doesn't preflop jam-gamble for his tournament life.

I like the part about how he should seek advice for his "leaks" lmao! no one has anything near his stats for such a low-volume player (except maybe thev0id).... maybe everyone else should ask him how to play...
Old 10-20-2007, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
vietcong is one of the more interesting players to watch... He doesn't do any of that 3-bet preflop junk that everyone and their dog is doing. He sees a flop/outplays people/reads people/doesn't preflop jam-gamble for his tournament life.

I like the part about how he should seek advice for his "leaks" lmao! no one has anything near his stats for such a low-volume player (except maybe thev0id).... maybe everyone else should ask him how to play...

[/ QUOTE ]

there is no variance in tournament poker

if you win, you are better than everyone else
Old 10-20-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there is no variance in tournament poker

if you win, you are better than everyone else

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 10-20-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
doesn't preflop jam-gamble for his tournament life

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 10-20-2007, 11:08 PM

vietcong1:
Everest poker where Mary played at started a team competition, her father who it seems knew little about the game wanted to be on team spain. She was amazed that almost since day 1 he began winning...Still she wasnt convinced it was anything other than luck...then he won the spanish poker tour championship, went very deep in a WPT event and topped it off with winning the Sunday warmup and the Sunday million in the same day.
This interview was apparently done right after those wins...She was alarmed to the point of suspecting something wasnt right.....she sat him down and talked to him about it. She said he didnt even know the meaning of the word " fold equity" and when she asked him about the odds to a flush draw he said if he thinks he will make it he goes for it.......She asked him where he learned to play like that and he said that he uses instinct only...
The main thing i picked up on him is that he is already a wealthy man and therefore has never played a game with "scared money" (i on the other hand have never played a hand with anything but scared money, he's #1 im # 6,000,00,831,904, go figure).........

how rigged are tournaments lol
Old 10-20-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kwob20 is a great example. For a while that guy killed it to an insane degree winning two WCOOP tournies and god knows how many others.

But if you play with him you realize he does so many horrible things.

Variance is bigger than most people can fathom. I used to think there was something people could be on to, some secret of pwnage ability that only a few guys know.

Now after talking to so many very talented players i realize that the best players play very very good poker where they make almost zero mistakes, don't miss value bets, get people to stack off well, bluff on a good frequency, don't spew, and understand position, stack sizes, and image. Perfect these things and then just wait on variance for your turn, if u get one.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of the most accurate descriptions of tournament poker I have ever seen.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
vietcong1:
Everest poker where Mary played at started a team competition, her father who it seems knew little about the game wanted to be on team spain. She was amazed that almost since day 1 he began winning...Still she wasnt convinced it was anything other than luck...then he won the spanish poker tour championship, went very deep in a WPT event and topped it off with winning the Sunday warmup and the Sunday million in the same day.
This interview was apparently done right after those wins...She was alarmed to the point of suspecting something wasnt right.....she sat him down and talked to him about it. She said he didnt even know the meaning of the word " fold equity" and when she asked him about the odds to a flush draw he said if he thinks he will make it he goes for it.......She asked him where he learned to play like that and he said that he uses instinct only...
The main thing i picked up on him is that he is already a wealthy man and therefore has never played a game with "scared money" (i on the other hand have never played a hand with anything but scared money, he's #1 im # 6,000,00,831,904, go figure).........

how rigged are tournaments lol

[/ QUOTE ]

What???? God, I dindīt understand a thing!