Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Some advice please

[ QUOTE ]
bigmonkey, i dont think ive called anyone on this board one before so dont take this lightly. you are one serious douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is you're not in a very good position to comment, so I can take it very lightly (and in fact, falsely). She still hasn't replied. I'm wondering whether she even wants it back. it's possible the e-mail about them coming to re-claim it was just a bluff, and she has no interest in actually getting it.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Minor update: she hasn't e-mailed me since saying that her partner and his brother were coming over at some point on the weekend. Now I need to prepare for them coming, since there aren't any sockets in the hall so I need to use the extension lead from my computer so I can have the bike working out in the hall powered from inside my room. They are definitely not coming in my room. So I sent her an e-mail saying that she needs to specify a time on Sunday they are coming, and that Saturday is no longer kosher. If they turn up tomorrow I am simply not letting them in. If they knock on the door one of my housemates will probably let them in and they will ask for me. If I hear [censored] like this going on outside my door I will just pretend not to be in, and they will have to leave. I'm not letting myself get trapped into a corner here.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is wrong with you? You think some goons are coming to commit a major crime over $50? You have gone from being a douche in this thread to being a whiny pussy (and still a douche as you are clearly in the wrong on this matter). Please God I hope I'm wrong and they come and shoot you. If anyone in UK reads about this homicide, email me the story please (OP will be unavailable).
Old 10-27-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bigmonkey, i dont think ive called anyone on this board one before so dont take this lightly. you are one serious douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is you're not in a very good position to comment...

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course he is. Because you made a thread about it soliciting comments. Idiot.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes because the subject of this thread was "Hello, I need degenerate gamblers who mostly cannot run their own lives to consider a very small fraction of time in a very small fraction of my life and tell me whether I am a douche or not, since your judgment will be more accurate based on this insignificant scrap of information than mine and everybody I know based on infinitely more information."

Except...it wasn't. You are welcome to your opinion and to tell me what it is, but just so you know, your opinion is worth absolutely nothing. Not especially because you are an idiot, but because you are badly informed. The uninformed opinion of anybody isn't worth considering.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes because the subject of this thread was "Hello, I need degenerate gamblers who mostly cannot run their own lives to consider a very small fraction of time in a very small fraction of my life and tell me whether I am a douche or not, since your judgment will be more accurate based on this insignificant scrap of information than mine and everybody I know based on infinitely more information."

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it was. Read your subject again. Now read the URL in your browser window. Now die.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it was. Read your subject again. Now read the URL in your browser window. Now die.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to infer you are an idiot, because you clearly understand English. Maybe you just don't know that many English words, or misunderstand some of them.

I'm not going to pretend my (high) credence for you being an idiot is objectively worth a lot, since there exists lots of evidence elsewhere in the world that is relevant to a perfectly-formed credence. Obviously you aren't going to come away from this with the conclusion that you are an idiot. But since you find opinions regarding people's psychological characteristics based on this thread as important, I thought I'd present you with mine based on the available evidence.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:46 PM

Uhh, you both are coming off like idiots now.

Oops, now I am too.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:02 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure "idiot" is the right word. Perhaps "immature". You have to expect people to call you an idiot or a "douche" in a forum like this. Maybe I am a "douche". I'm just being sensible though really. It is only £25, but why let two complete strangers into the one room you keep practically everything you own? The fact that £25 is at stake does not solely determine how people act. These could be people who routinely rob houses for all I know. I just want to give them the chance of having their broken exercise bike back without putting myself in any unnecessary risk. I don't think that makes me a douche. Not paying in the first place, or not agreeing to return it might make me a douche, only if I am wrong about it being broken IMO.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'm not sure "idiot" is the right word. Perhaps "immature". You have to expect people to call you an idiot or a "douche" in a forum like this. Maybe I am a "douche". I'm just being sensible though really. It is only £25, but why let two complete strangers into the one room you keep practically everything you own? The fact that £25 is at stake does not solely determine how people act. These could be people who routinely rob houses for all I know. I just want to give them the chance of having their broken exercise bike back without putting myself in any unnecessary risk. I don't think that makes me a douche. Not paying in the first place, or not agreeing to return it might make me a douche, only if I am wrong about it being broken IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're the only thief in this scenario.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not paying in the first place, or not agreeing to return it might make me a douche, only if I am wrong about it being broken IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

bigmonkey, the responsibility was yours at the time you picked it up to get instructions on how to operate it. if you had a cab waiting for you, that's not the seller's problem. unless she said there was an owner's manual, you are not entitled to one. if you want her to have the bike back, it is up to you go deliver it. youre making it extrememly difficult for her to pick it up and now you say if she shows up and the conditions are in your favor you act as if they arent there. it sounds like this lady has helped you out and is now doing everything she can to get the bike back and youre throwing up roadblocks and excuses the entire time.

you are a scumbag and/or a thief from the stories youve told in this thread.