Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 12:11 PM

Default Re: DO YOU HAVE THE BALLS TO BLUFF CATCH!?!?!?!?

poke- nice post. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for posting in my thread. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i agree with everything but preflop action. i can pretty much say for certain i personally NEVER smooth call a pfr from n e one oop with KK or AKo. but meh. obv i dont do a lot of things other people preflop. so hmmm. i guess i give him credit (or not enough) to 3 bet those preflop everytime. so i guess we can add a combo or 2 of each of those hands and i think that in fact makes it rough and n e action other then fold really thin obv. ne buddy else think we need to add a few of those in their or people think he 3 bets both of those hands enough of the time to discount it almost all together??? do some of u not 3 bet these preflop and then cr a shiton of flops???!?!?!? (im askin cuz i assume this villian plays much like a lot of the posters here and for all i kno is a poster here)

dero...

as i said i was really close to folding the the flop. prolly had my mouse over the fold button most of the time bank. but then i just thought that with my image and this drawy flop against a reg who is good enough to do this with a wide range that since i have position i can play this hand out profitably. if villian was otb i would insta fold basically. but with position i think it is close and i really hate folding flops when i have tptk and an image of a maniac as i get played back at much more then the normal person and thus have to make stands more often. but deep and against a good reg isnt my most optimal spot to take a stand obv. lol.

edit: those of u sayin raise the turn or river...

how much r u raising on the turn or the river or both. r we makin it huge enough that he has to fold Qxhx or should i make a raise to like 60 that Qxhx prolly calls but all other hands fold???

on the turn how much r u makin it to maximiaze my FE yet lose least amount when and if shoves
Old 10-11-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how much r u raising on the turn or the river or both. r we makin it huge enough that he has to fold Qxhx or should i make a raise to like 60 that Qxhx prolly calls but all other hands fold???

on the turn how much r u makin it to maximiaze my FE yet lose least amount when and if shoves

[/ QUOTE ]

66 seems perfect. It's enough to where he folds a set and calls with Qh.. I wouldn't go too much higher than that, maybe 70.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:59 PM

In this kind of situation, I like to KISS (keep it simple, stupid). He's a solid player. He knows we're solid. The value (if any) is marginal. Easy fold on the river. I honestly don't think it's worth the very slight +EV that may exist for raising, especially because you're risking a lot for an uncertain, marginal return.

Raising is fancy with uncertain value. Calling is bad. Folding may give up a slight amount of value, but it's never terrible given the board, your hands, and the villain involved.

Easy fold for me.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:19 PM

alright here r some results. i timed ALL the way down and decided to call. villian showed AJo and made a huge deal about how bad my call was. lol. so meh. take it for wut that is worth
Old 10-11-2007, 06:20 PM

ugh I hate the idea of calling. It puts me on tilt just thinking about it...and now that I know results, even more so
Old 10-11-2007, 06:23 PM

*bows*
Old 10-11-2007, 06:43 PM

Wow at villain showing AJo. Somebody explain:

I do not understand his turn check AT ALL. He sorta overreps his hand on the flop, but whatever, that's debatable / probably fine. Then he's fortunate enough to turn a monster, but the board suddenly has three hearts, so he checks it to you (?!) when leading would be consistent with his flop line and great for value and meta (in all likelihood.) And finally, on a terrible river for him, he decides to, what? Turn his hand into a bluff? Make a weird-ass block bet? Either I'm missing some fundamental NL knowledge here (please someone enlighten me) or villain butchered this hand and would be getting some kind of note from me.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:49 PM

I fold this flop.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]r u more or less inclined to call with AJ tptk on a fry board like a rainbow 27J board or sumtin???
Old 10-11-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think raising is pretty hot here, just because you're so deep and this board is sick, and he probably folds everything but the nuts, which would be rather odd for him to have. However, you should remember that your line doesn't actually make sense with the nuts, unless you have exactly KhJx or KhKx, and he probably expects you to fold the KJ.

I wouldn't raise if I thought he was good at handreading and could make a hero call, but I think raising is definitely better than calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he c/r KJ into 2 other people left to act. Maybe KK, but I think it's unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean if we raise the river, KhJx and KhKx are the only legit hands that villain will expect us to have.

Anyway, rase>>>fold>>>>>>>&g t;>>>call imo. There's just too many better hands that he can valuebluff with.