Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Re: 2nd nuts 350BB deep vs nit

[ QUOTE ]

fwiw you should all check out the thread on the same hand in uNL. The amount of posters saying call is embarassing.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHOA ?? uNL ?? REALLY ?????????????
Old 10-07-2007, 05:47 PM

i dunno, i don't see him flat calling turn with J10

i call
Old 10-07-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bluffing the first raise, misclicking AI the second... it's probably about equally likely to him having exactly JdTd here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless there is an AI button on this site then he would have had to mashed the keyboard and misclicked the raise button or slipped, moved the slider to AI and misclicked the raise button...

[/ QUOTE ]

FTP has a "max" button. It isn't especially close to the fold button, but only one hand beats us and villain in no way, shape, or form repped that hand on any street save for river.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shut up, Third.

[/ QUOTE ]

sup bro?

Old 10-07-2007, 05:57 PM

1. stop using villains passive line as an argument. Sure, he should have bet flop and raised turn, but why are you assuming a nit to be playing optimally postflop? Nits suck. I agree that given flop and turn line only, JTdd should be weighted out of his range some, but once he 4bAI river, it becomes clear that this was in fact his holding, and I guess he must be just really bad.

2. While a misclick shove is generally a highly unlikely event online, it is close to impossible in this scenario. It could be that he meant to 4bet something smaller and accidently bet it all, but his range for a smaller 4bet would pretty much be JTdd anyway so w/e.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:01 PM

why do you guys keep pointing to insignificant information like 'WTF HE DIDNT BET THE FLOP!!!'.

the most important aspect of this hand is the fact that he has gone ALL IN ON THE RIVER
Old 10-07-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why do you guys keep pointing to insignificant information like 'WTF HE DIDNT BET THE FLOP!!!'.

the most important aspect of this hand is the fact that he has gone ALL IN ON THE RIVER

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this was a discussion?

He's had 2 streets to rep the single hand that beats us and somehow he hasn't. That doesn't bother anyone!??!

EDIT: So I guess the better question to ask is... how much money do you have to have invested in this pot to call here?
Old 10-07-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dunno, i don't see him flat calling turn with J10

i call

[/ QUOTE ]

You just made the best argument for why he should flat call. If he can screw up your handreading bad enough that you make a 2200 dollar mistake in a 60 dollar pot--- He should flat call alot. I'm too lazy to do the math but its a decent play.

Anyhow, this nit is never bluffing. Its a matter of whether or not his misclick allin percentage is greater than 40% in this spot.

I fold.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:10 PM

MasterLJ - why do you think he can't be bad enough to not bet flop/raise turn with JdTd, but he can be bad enough to put in 350bb into a tiny pot on the river with less than JdTd? Playing previous streets like that with JdTd is a much smaller mistake than putting your stack in with worse after Hero has 3bet this river. If hes putting a [censored] hardcore level on us by bluffing with the Jd (which almost never raises the river) then I'm going to give it up to him.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MasterLJ - why do you think he can't be bad enough to not bet flop/raise turn with JdTd, but he can be bad enough to put in 350bb into a tiny pot on the river with less than JdTd? Playing previous streets like that with JdTd is a much smaller mistake than putting your stack in with worse after Hero has 3bet this river. If hes putting a [censored] hardcore level on us by bluffing with the Jd (which almost never raises the river) then I'm going to give it up to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that... but what some people are admitting while others aren't is that they are simply folding because villain has put in a crapload of money instead of analyzing the hand properly. If you analyze the hand it doesn't make any sense and you have a tough decision IMO.