Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Your Heisman Top 5

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL at a linebacker. I guess it figures that it would be an OSU fan.

How about some Mike Hart love?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at dismissing me as an OSU fan. My favorite college football teams are Georgia Tech, LSU, and Michigan. Mike Hart's averaging less than 5 ypc, he doesn't deserve [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than the fact that he singlehandedly won his team about 3 games (and almost a 4th) this year while McFadden has quit in similar spots, you're absolutely right.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:34 PM

When exactly did McFadden quit? Was it the Alabama game where he ran 33 times for 195 yards and left his team with a 38-34 lead with 2:00 left or the Kentucky game where he ran 29 times for 173 yards and Kentucky scored 3 TDs in the last 8 minutes to win 42-29?

Also, I'd love to know how a running back "single-handedly" wins a 14-9 game. Wouldn't that be about 90% on the defense?
Old 10-07-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tebow can't win though, he's a sophomore.

[/ QUOTE ]

And more importantly, he's not the best player in college football. He won't win. I doubt he'll end up being a finalist.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Other than the fact that he singlehandedly won his team about 3 games (and almost a 4th) this year while McFadden has quit in similar spots, you're absolutely right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but apparently you can't be the best player if you're not averaging more than 5 yards per carry. Hahaha.

Ridiculous, OP. By ranking a linebacker #1 in your Heisman picks and not even having Mike Hart in the top 5, you have lost all credibility.

Sorry for accusing you of being an OSU fan. I agree that is a low blow if it is not true.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:47 PM

These obviously weren't who I thought would win the Heisman. They're who I think are the most valuable players in college football. Yes, I know that the Heisman usually goes to a RB or a QB.

And I guess Hart actually is over 5 ypc after the EMU win, but he still only ranks 65th in the NCAA in that category between Terrance Ganaway and Benjamin Williams. I think the top backs in the NCAA this year are McFadden, Stewart, and Mendenhall in that order. Hart's probably a Top 5 RB, but I really don't see him as one of the Top 5 players in the country.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:06 PM

Clausen ftw
Old 10-07-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When exactly did McFadden quit? Was it the Alabama game where he ran 33 times for 195 yards and left his team with a 38-34 lead with 2:00 left or the Kentucky game where he ran 29 times for 173 yards and Kentucky scored 3 TDs in the last 8 minutes to win 42-29?

Also, I'd love to know how a running back "single-handedly" wins a 14-9 game. Wouldn't that be about 90% on the defense?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hilarious how intellectually dishonest this post is. Part of a Heisman winner is not only great stats; he must put his team on his back and carry them to victory in tough games. Reggie Bush did this against Fresno State when he won, Troy Smith did this against Michigan last year. Against Alabama, McFadden didn't even play the 4th quarter or overtime. And that UK game - let's ignore that he only put up 51 of those yards in the 2nd half. And once UK got the lead, you know how many yards the great McFadden accounted for? Nine, count 'em, nine.

And here's how a running back "singlehandedly wins the game" 14-9. He becomes the only offensive weapon available and responds in such a manner, carrying the ball 44 times and scoring a crucial touchdown. In the 3-game stretch where Chad Henne was out, he carried the ball 109 times. If that's not putting your team on your back, I don't know what is.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:20 PM

The Bama game didn't go to overtime. McFadden missed one series, the last one, because he cramped up. It's easy to call him a pussy, but if you're legs cramp up for a series there is not much you can do about it.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:25 PM

Edit: Double post.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And here's how a running back "singlehandedly wins the game" 14-9. He becomes the only offensive weapon available and responds in such a manner, carrying the ball 44 times and scoring a crucial touchdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but when Hart was "the only offensive weapon", the offense sucked. If Penn State just plays bad on offense instead of absolutely terrible, they would have won easily.