Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 11:07 AM

Default Re: 19 percent of democrats think the world would be better off.....

900 is plenty when you don't actually care about precision and you just want to bash Democrats. If they found 10-15% of Dems saying it the headline would have been the same and that's all they care about.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:22 AM

Generally, whatever you ask 10-20% of people will say yes.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No, they're mostly quite liberal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess if you avoid looking at facts that might be true.. But last I read, in the 2000 and 2004 elections, Bush got more favorable coverage on the 'liberal' news outlets than either liberal candidate. Seems rather counterintuitive to be a liberal media outlet and helping a conservative candidate. Oh well, when up is down and Fox is fair and balanced, anything can be true if you just say it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am assuming since you read it you don't actually remember these elections? Fox leans to the right, but I don't think they try to hide it. Other news sources clearly lean to the left and deny it.

Exactly how did they help Bush in either 2000 or 2004? Perhaps it was by declaring the Gore won Fla before the polls were closed? Did you watch any of the 2004 coverage as the anchors became more depressed as it was clear their exit polls were flawed?
Old 10-05-2007, 02:54 PM

The margin of error doesn't get a whole lot better when asking 2000 people versus, say, 900. Though it is interesting that in all the polls listed at the bottom, they've always had more Democratic than Republican respondents, though that number has varied wildly.

I'm surprised the headline didn't read "11% of non-Democrats think the world would be better off.." or "11% of all people interviewed think the world..." Oh wait.. no I'm not.

On a side note, I wonder why more Democrats have prayed for the Iraq war to end than Republicans.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
on a side note apparently obama doesnt wear his american flag pin because it has become a substitute for "true patriotism"

i just threw up a little in my mouth

[/ QUOTE ]

Truth Hurts?
Old 10-05-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly how did they help Bush in either 2000 or 2004? Perhaps it was by declaring the Gore won Fla before the polls were closed? Did you watch any of the 2004 coverage as the anchors became more depressed as it was clear their exit polls were flawed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still hunting for my numbers, as I have a terrible system of keeping data, so I'll post that as soon as I can. I'm rather glad no one else has yet, because I don't want them taking away the joy I'll get providing those.

Wait, so the anchors are liberal, therefor anything they say is liberal? That's funny, because the owners of these corporations are anything but liberal, I guess it's a good thing the owners of the news corporations have little to no say in what goes on their programs..
Old 10-05-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm quite sure that you can pull a big pile of cherry picked stuff to "prove" your point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that how this topic got started in the first place?
Old 10-05-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

They're no more or less fake than say CNN.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they're more fake.

I will hand it to you that all the other news sources on TV have a decidedly conservative slant, that part's true, but not quite as bad as Fox. And again, nowhere near as dishonest.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you believe that you are a blithering idiot who can't see through his blue blocker glasses.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:47 PM

Today I saw a bumper sticker that said "George W Bush is protecting your ass, whether you like it or not!"

So my question is, how can 1 republican be that stupid?
Old 10-05-2007, 04:48 PM

Only 30% of Republicans believe in evolution. Only 13% of congresssional Republicans believe that human activity is increasing global warming. 33% of Republicans believe that Satan exists.

And one of them, apparently, believes there's nothing wrong with insulting people by calling them stupid behind the veil of internet anonymity.