Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 10:58 PM

Default Re: X-Post from NVG: WCOOP ME champion is play2kill (Multi-Accounting)

[ QUOTE ]
This thread isn't going to turn into ANOTHER argument on the morality of multi accounting. Stealth, Nath, etc. Stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

nobody is debating the morality
Old 10-02-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If they catch one more guy, i dont bubble anymore!

Come on people! Find cheaters for me!

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, truly a worthy crusade.

If all the rumours are, hell even if only half are, you're you're looking at FT money.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:59 PM

Nath really doesn't make a strong argument, though his concept is stronger than it appears, and stealth sounds like a moron because he someone feels people disconnect from their persona's while away from the tables. Lax moral ethics in most cases will carry over to other things as well. You can't be a murderer by day and a savior by night; you're a murderer for all 24 hours of the day.

So if you have lax ethics (cheating is unethical regardless of the peer pressure that is self-conceived in order for someone to cheat to keep up) anywhere, you most certainly have lax ethics everywhere.

So stop being a [censored] moron.

The end of this post was brought to you by a tilt inducing lost of KK < 22 in a 3 way pot for chiplead due to a 4 board card flush.

[ QUOTE ]
Nath,

Not really sure what the point of your rant is. I was pretty sure Mark was a baller when I met him, still if he multiaccounted he is a cheating scumbag, but I don't see how you can draw such grand conclusions of people's daily lives from their ethical standards in online poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
My real point doesn't have anything to do with people's personal lives, so anything I said to that degree is hyperbolic. I don't give a crap who lives like a baller and who doesn't. If you're a cheater, you're a [censored] loser, no matter how many bottles of Cris you popped at the club last night. Some people are ethically bankrupt pieces of [censored], and yes, I can hold that against them.

My real point is... there is no point. Nothing's going to change, because not enough people give a damn. And the fact that there's even a debate as to whether this is or should be okay makes me sad.

I was asked how I deal with it. I deal with it by reminding myself that some things are more important than money, and that there are a lot of people who don't understand that, and I'm fortunate I do.

[ QUOTE ]
rock on Stealth.

[/ QUOTE ]

were you referring to his whole post or just this part?

"but this is just like making fun of me or gobboboy for being fat, only if we were actually Patrik-looking. ROFL."
Old 10-02-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are a complete moron if you think that your ethics in online poker correlate at all to the lifestyle you live.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it's a real stretch to think that someone's ethics in poker correlate to their ethics in life, amirite?
Old 10-02-2007, 11:04 PM

You know what, I don't know how I got embroiled in this again, because I want no part of it. I didn't explain myself well because I'm just sick and [censored] tired of this [censored] happening at major tournaments consistently and nobody really giving a [censored] god damn about it. I don't give a [censored] how much money or how many friends the cheaters have. I don't give a [censored] about their personal lives. I give a [censored] about fair play, and I can already tell that nothing is really going to change after this and cheating in tournaments is still going to be rampant.

Congrats to them if they spend more money than I do. I just don't care. I just, I've had enough of this.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are a complete moron if you think that your ethics in online poker correlate at all to the lifestyle you live.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it's a real stretch to think that someone's ethics in poker correlate to their ethics in life, amirite?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how it's even an ethical debate. Cheating in online poker is stealing money from other people, and that makes the cheater a complete scumbag.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
rock on Stealth.

[/ QUOTE ]

were you referring to his whole post or just this part?

"but this is just like making fun of me or gobboboy for being fat, only if we were actually Patrik-looking. ROFL."

[/ QUOTE ]

I refer to his ability to consistently see through all the b.s. even when it rubs people the wrong way. Sometimes he goes overboard, but even that is subject to opinion. edit: I should state that I don't agree necessarily with all his statements, but that I think it's cool that his opinions are without innuendo or supposition. He cuts right to the chase.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:09 PM

So what, like 23 people entered this thing?