former statist who has converted to AC 29 70.73%
former ACer who has converted to statism 12 29.27%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2007, 08:38 PM

Default Re: Fold kings?

genius
Old 10-01-2007, 08:42 PM

wtf is a chip outlay and "proportion to a reasonable expectation".

seems like spending too much time playing tournaments has melted your brain.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But there is a higher-level

[/ QUOTE ]

God, I can't stop laughing.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:51 PM

Balto, who in your mind, qualifies as a great player?
Old 10-01-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Balto, who in your mind, qualifies as a great player?

[/ QUOTE ]

My favorite player might not be my model for my playing style. I think Hellmuth is very intelligent about playing small ball year-in year-out and getting it to payoff more than anyone else can. Sure, he's mainly beating up on mediocre players, but that's what tourney poker mainly is, so how can you fault him?

I like the math guys too, Chen, Ferguson.

Guys who are fearless, who can play junk, who can read, who can think multi-level when up against another great, these are the most exciting players for sure. Seed, Hansen, Mortensen.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't assign goals to hands, you run the risk of letting a single hand take control of your tournament. As I said above, you lose sight of forest for the tree that's in front of you right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why everyone is arguing with balto star? This is probably the best post I've seen in HSMTT in a while. I think people often forget that you can't let a single had take control of the tournament because if you keep putting your tournament life on the line you'll end up dead.

This reminds me of a hand a friend of mine played in a WSOP event where the villain understood that it was a bad play to significantly increase your absolute chip risk on each street as his return:investment (pot:total chips bet) odds did not improve v. flop:

The button raised and he decided to call in the small blind with A3s. The flop was KsJsTd My friend decided to check raise all in and the villain tanked and decided to fold KK. Now a lot of these experts will disagree with this fold. But its actually a pretty clear fold. Villain could be up against AQ where he would be behind or any flush draw where he will bust out of the tournament roughly 1/3 of the time. Now some of you young internet kids will say you need to gamble and call with three kings there which is fine. As long as you keep calling and risking your tournament life as a 2:1 favorite I'll keep cashing in these tournaments and outlasting you while I pass that up and wait for a real edge before I put my tournament life on the line.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you don't assign goals to hands, you run the risk of letting a single hand take control of your tournament. As I said above, you lose sight of forest for the tree that's in front of you right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why everyone is arguing with balto star? This is probably the best post I've seen in HSMTT in a while. I think people often forget that you can't let a single had take control of the tournament because if you keep putting your tournament life on the line you'll end up dead.

This reminds me of a hand a friend of mine played in a WSOP event where the villain understood that it was a bad play to significantly increase your absolute chip risk on each street as his return:investment (pot:total chips bet) odds did not improve v. flop:

The button raised and he decided to call in the small blind with A3s. The flop was KsJsTd My friend decided to check raise all in and the villain tanked and decided to fold KK. Now a lot of these experts will disagree with this fold. But think about it villain could be up against AQ where he could be behind or any flush draw where he will bust out of the tournament roughly 1/3 of the time. Now some of you young internet kids will say you need to gamble and call with three kings there but you can keep calling and risking your tournament life as a 2:1 favorite. Personally I'll keep passing that up and wait for a real edge before I put my tournament life on the line.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 10-01-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The button raised and he decided to call in the small blind with A3s. The flop was KsJsTd My friend decided to check raise all in and the villain tanked and decided to fold KK. Now a lot of these experts will disagree with this fold. But its actually a pretty clear fold. Villain could be up against AQ where he would be behind or any flush draw where he will bust out of the tournament roughly 1/3 of the time. Now some of you young internet kids will say you need to gamble and call with three kings there which is fine. As long as you keep calling and risking your tournament life as a 2:1 favorite I'll keep cashing in these tournaments and outlasting you while I pass that up and wait for a real edge before I put my tournament life on the line.

[/ QUOTE ]

All this shows is that you have zero reading comprehension. Time for you to hit those SAT study guides.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:44 PM

whose got control of your account eagles? cuz srsly, lol and i'm not talking about just that post.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whose got control of your account eagles? cuz srsly, lol and i'm not talking about just that post.

[/ QUOTE ]
Broken sarcasm meter.