Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 11:55 AM

Default Re: NCAA early lines- Where to get?

I'll offer some analysis on my leans this week:

Oklahoma - I don't think I will bet this unless it gets back under 10, but I do think OU wins the RR shootout big this week. This game always seems to go to the favored team and blowouts are common. Oklahoma's loss to Colorado seems like the type of loss that is going to make them angry more than take away their confidence. I can't say the same for Texas. There is really no way to spin it. The horns have looked mediocre going back to the end of last year. Losses to KSU and TAMU, the close bowl win, the stinkers against Ark St. and CFU and now the egg at home...how is this team going to handle Oklahoma? I expect Oklahoma to win by at least 10.

LSU - Last year was the year of the Gator in the SEC. This looks like LSU's year. Florida has had to expend a lot of energy the last two weeks and LSU looks ready for blood. I think the Gators could rally the troops for a big road win this week...if they were playing at Georgia or Kentucky. LSU is going to run the ball, just like Auburn did. When Auburn got the ball, up 14 at the end of the 3rd qtr in the Swamp, they ran it on the first play of the drive. Tate fumbled, but only after he had run up the gut for 19 yards. Were it not for that fumble, I think Auburn puts the game away. The Gator D was worn down. After facing Auburn's mostly freshman O-line, how do you think UF's young D will fare against LSU's O-line on the road. I expect LSU to wear down the Gators and break free for a couple of 4th qtr TDs to put it away by a rather large margin. If LSU catches some breaks in this game, it could be woodshed time.

more to come...
Old 10-01-2007, 11:59 AM

Those betting Marshall - are you doing it just because Memphis played Thursday and now plays Tuesday. I thought Memphis would be like a 9 point favorite. Marshall isn't very good.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:50 PM

more...

KSU -2.5 over Kansas - One thing this season has taught us, again, is that it is tough to beat a pumped up team on their home field. One of two things must happen: 1. You are much much better than them. 2. You catch a lot of breaks. Kansas State should be pumped for this rivalry game and Kansas is certainly not much much better. I'll lay the 2.5 points and take my chances on the ball not bouncing too much towards the Jhawks.

NMSU +22.5 - Boise hasn't impressed me much this year and 22.5 is a huge spread against a NMSU team that has a pretty good offense. They have a great QB/WR combo in Holbrook and Williams, they just don't have a lot of depth. Southern Miss missed a bunch of opportunities against Boise's defense the other night. I have a hunch NMSU will hit some big plays. Williams will get at least 2 TDs and this will be a relatively close game.

Tennessee -2 - It seems like when one of the SEC's big programs really needs a win and they get a home game against one of the other big programs that is good but vulnerable, they get it. I just feel like Tennessee needs this one and they find a way to get it. Georgia has been the better team, and they are great on the road, but Tennessee finds a way to win this one. Not much to go on, but it's worth a bet IMO.

ND +21 - For the first time this season I think I can truthfully say that ND isn't as bad as they look. Their offense found a playmaker (and hopefully a QB) Saturday and I actually think they will play with some confidence and not be completely impotent on offense. I've hit every ND game this year and with 3 TD's to play with I'll take my chances again.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:09 PM

I placed 4 wagers this morning and I see some others with the right moves that I'd jump on. My plays so far:

Tulsa -3 @ UTEP

Ohio State -7 @ Purdue

Arkansas State -3 @ ULM

Arizona State -8.5 @ Washington State

And I hate myself for betting all road favorites.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:11 PM

When does Bodog usually get there lines up? thanks
Old 10-01-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Marshall ML (+115) @ Memphis 1 Unit
Kentucky (+3.5) @ South Carolina 1 Unit
Rutgers (-3) v Cincinnati 2 Units
Ohio (-5.5) @ Buffalo 1 Unit
Virginia Tech (+5) @ Clemson 1 Unit
Stanford (+38) @ USC 1 Unit
UCF (-3.5) @ E. Carolina 2 Units
Ohio St (-6.5) @ Purdue 2 Units
Notre Dame (+20.5) @ UCLA 1 Unit
Troy (-19.5) @ FIU 1 Unit

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Tulsa -3 @ UTEP

Ohio State -7 @ Purdue

Arkansas State -3 @ ULM

Arizona State -8.5 @ Washington State

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmmmmm...
Old 10-01-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When does Bodog usually get there lines up? thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

It'll be a while.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Auburn beating Florida at the Swamp was just a shock to me, especially after Florida rallied to tie. Auburn looked like a totally different team in the first half, basically dominated Florida.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can anyone who saw this game confirm this? I love playing the let down, but this -7.5/-8 appears to be overcompensated. Does Auburn have any young players at skill positions that would justify a huge turnaround? Any new coordinators that are getting their systems in place now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Auburn started 3 true freshmen on the O-line Saturday. For two of them, it was only their 2nd game since the redshirt was pulled off. In the first game against NMSU they looked confused. Saturday, they won the battle against Florida's D-line. I'd say that is the main reason the offense has come on. Plus our STARTING TAILBACK will return for the game (he was practicing as the starter for all of Fall camp and has continued to practice, so he is in shape and raring to go.) We are suddenly deep at that position with Fannin and Tate getting so much experience. Lester is easily the best of the three IMO.

Auburn lost Q Groves to an injury which will be huge, but the fact that Auburn has found an offense will be the difference. I like Auburn big. I know that it's a letdown game and Auburn has been the king of those, and it's an 11:30 start, same as 06 Arkansas, 06 Georgia, and 07 Miss St, but unlike all of those teams, I don't see Vanderbilt being able to stop our running game. Our crowd will be ready too I think. Everyone will be refreshed after the Florida game. It seems like letdown games usually happen after home wins. If you win a big home game, you either go on the road and have a letdown, or you play another home game and it just can't seem as exciting as the last one. Winning on the road makes that next home game even sweeter, because you are coming home to your fans. For once, Auburn will avoid coming out flat against an inferior opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Auburn certainly looked much better against Florida, but you seem to be discounting a couple things:

1) Vandy has a decent team for a change and a better offense than Auburn.

2) The team is not dramatically different (say we call +Lester -Groves a push) from the team that lost at home to MSU (Vandy is better).

3) For most teams, 3 frosh on the O-line is not considered a positive.

4) Brandon Cox is still your QB. Crowd will turn on him at the first sign of trouble, even after last week.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:58 PM

I don't care if Auburn comes out flat. Even if they come out fired up, the talent/experience levels are close for the 2 teams right now. If Auburn comes out flat, it won't be "How close will Vanderbilt come to winning" it will be "How badly will Auburn lose?"
Old 10-01-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

also where does the 'The' come from in regards tOSU? is there a story behind it or is it just to distinguish from Miami-Ohio?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, cuz that's the actual name.