Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Beat: Lost 60k to Stevesbets HU in half an hour

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
stevesbets = the new DERB?

sucks man - does anyone ever beat stevesbets? seriously, all i ever hear from HS pros is how bad he sucks (in any context)

[/ QUOTE ]
Lots of people beat him or have beat him in the past. But he's actually pretty good at HU despite what people think. His style is just very different from the "typical" HS winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

seems quite presumptuous to imply that you are a better judge of the quality of high stakes heads up play than either FWF or Grimstarr
Old 09-23-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

sucks man - does anyone ever beat stevesbets? seriously, all i ever hear from HS pros is how bad he sucks (in any context)

[/ QUOTE ]
Lots of people beat him or have beat him in the past. But he's actually pretty good at HU despite what people think. His style is just very different from the "typical" HS winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

N82 is spot on. TGSB is very hard to play against.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
seems quite presumptuous to imply that you are a better judge of the quality of high stakes heads up play than either FWF or Grimstarr

[/ QUOTE ]
w/r/t a random person, I agree 100%. But with this specific case, I disagree. I've seen steve play a ton of sessions. I know what he says about certain hands, plays and opponents. I also know a fair amount about his style and what he does to win in the HS HU games.

I also know what a ton of HS players say to me on AIM about his style.

And I know that they're both right and wrong when they say he's terrible (for instance, he's a bad BR manager IMO). But they make a lot of incorrect comments to me about his style and for the most part, I don't bother correcting them because I don't want them to get a better understanding of Steve's game. So when I said he's "pretty good at HU despite what people think" I actually think I was justified in saying that.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:52 PM

usually when msnl+ players say some thinking player is terrible, he probably isnt. thats a small secret.

edit: i know this through personal experience.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Glove55 should do a Well

[/ QUOTE ]

so i can drown him in it

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, honestly laughing out loud @ this one

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, im dying over here

so funny
Old 09-23-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

most players are pretty dumb in general
Old 09-23-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
w/r/t a random person, I agree 100%. But with this specific case, I disagree. I've seen steve play a ton of sessions. I know what he says about certain hands, plays and opponents. I also know a fair amount about his style and what he does to win in the HS HU games.

I also know what a ton of HS players say to me on AIM about his style.

And I know that they're both right and wrong when they say he's terrible (for instance, he's a bad BR manager IMO). But they make a lot of incorrect comments to me about his style and for the most part, I don't bother correcting them because I don't want them to get a better understanding of Steve's game. So when I said he's "pretty good at HU despite what people think" I actually think I was justified in saying that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem like a cool guy from what i've read/heard so i hope u dont take this question the wrong way... But why do you always feel the need to defend Stevesbets on here, he has an acct of his own and is a big boy right?
Old 09-23-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You seem like a cool guy from what i've read/heard so i hope u dont take this question the wrong way... But why do you always feel the need to defend Stevesbets on here, he has an acct of his own and is a big boy right?

[/ QUOTE ]

you remember those stories about someone paying stevesbets $10k to blow their load on his face a while back..........?
Old 09-23-2007, 02:44 PM

Because he's my friend and he doesn't bother to. I actually had to make that account for him just to get him to post a few times.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you remember those stories about someone paying stevesbets $10k to blow their load on his face a while back..........?

[/ QUOTE ]
Never happened