Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Thoughts on Smoking & Illegal Narcotics

[ QUOTE ]
I don't recall Conspire saying he would be exempt from the laws, or saying that he feels doing drugs is the right thing to do.

I think you are focusing on the wrong part of what he was saying; the only part that WASN'T illogical.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are like 5 conversations going on in this thread, even just between Conspire and me. I'm now focusing on the apparent incongruency between using marijuana and thinking it should be illegal. As I understand it:

Point 1: Those who use marijuana should go to jail.
Point 2: I use marijuana.
Logical conclusion: I should go to jail.

There's a disconnect in there that I don't understand. What am I missing?

FTR, Conspire is definitely entitled to his opinion. I just want him to think it through.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't recall Conspire saying he would be exempt from the laws, or saying that he feels doing drugs is the right thing to do.

I think you are focusing on the wrong part of what he was saying; the only part that WASN'T illogical.

[/ QUOTE ]

His first argument was that it shouldn't be legalized because 'weed related crimes wouldn't go down'.

LOL @ 'weed related crimes'
Old 09-21-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are not wrong, Conspire. Don't feel you have to say that. You are entitled to your opinion and I for one enjoy hearing your point of view.

[ QUOTE ]
Young kids always like to do the opposite of what they are told by authority. Im just saying its better to have people selling a less dangerous drug like marijauana to young kids than having them sell coke or other drugs. If marijuana is legal we will eventually get used to the fact we can get it easy and will want a different high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm undecided on the legalization of hard drugs but i would like to see weed legalized. Is your point that if marijuana were to be legalized then kids would naturally seek out a harder drug? Because you may in fact be right about that. But of course many kids already do that anyway. Most kids who want to experiment and who enjoy risks are not content to stop at weed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the gateway drug theory. I bet you a lot (like 99%) of the kids that try coke and heroin also tried cigarettes & liquor first too.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His first argument was that it shouldn't be legalized because 'weed related crimes wouldn't go down'.

LOL @ 'weed related crimes'

[/ QUOTE ]

I said that the crimes would go down, but would not stop, there are plenty of people willing to hurt others for some good weed. This is my last comment on the subject.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:09 PM

Sorry I scared you off Conspire. I would have preferred you thought about it for a couple minutes instead.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:30 PM

Ahhhh... damn I forgot what I was going to say.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are like 5 conversations going on in this thread, even just between Conspire and me. I'm now focusing on the apparent incongruency between using marijuana and thinking it should be illegal. As I understand it:

Point 1: Those who use marijuana should go to jail.
Point 2: I use marijuana.
Logical conclusion: I should go to jail.

There's a disconnect in there that I don't understand. What am I missing?

FTR, Conspire is definitely entitled to his opinion. I just want him to think it through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinking it should be illegal does not imply he condones jailing people who have marijuana on them.
For instance, I think a law against possession of marijuana is wrong, but I wouldn't say a law against dealing marijuana is wrong. I think the arguments against drug dealers are way stronger than against people who consume drugs.

Your "Point 1" and "Point 2" don't follow logically (at least not to me) from what I read in Conspire's posts.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:53 AM

OK, enough about marijuana. Just for the sake of conversation, I want to legalize cocaine. What opinions would you have on that?

If you supported the legalize marijuana stand, but oppose the legalization of cocaine, please share your opinions as to what arguments you have to make the distinction between marijuana and cocaine?
Old 09-22-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, enough about marijuana. Just for the sake of conversation, I want to legalize cocaine. What opinions would you have on that?

If you supported the legalize marijuana stand, but oppose the legalization of cocaine, please share your opinions as to what arguments you have to make the distinction between marijuana and cocaine?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh dammit... I haven't tried cocaine, nor will I ever. I'm a pothead and I'm stickin' to it!!

I dunno about Cocaine. I know people who just use it to keep themselves awake when they're around friends they haven't seen in a while. I've seen friends who use it on a weekly basis, I dunno why, I never asked, I'm assuming they enjoyed it. I once did see a guy doing a line in his car while we were at a red light, in the middle of the day. Thought that was strange (amongst other things, but I'll keep my opinions to myself).

I've lived with a crack head, that's not pleasant. There's good reason why that drug, atleast, should be kept illegal, along with Meth. Meth is like Crack x100.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The differencse are too numerous for one person to mention.
But I can tell you this....a cocaine addiction will likely ruin your life a marijuana addiction likey won't. Before you jump all over this please notice the term likely (there can be exceptions). Maybe we should bring alcohol into this discussion.