Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2007, 09:28 AM

Default here\'s a police brutality deal for real

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiradcejA6o

from what I can see, the police refused this guy into a public hearing that he was in line for, and assaulted him when he asked why he couldn't go in.

from what I can see in this type of situation, 2 things can happen.
1) you can be "cunningly coerced" , eg, the police could say, I'm sorry sir, a star trek type wormhole has appeared on the other side of this door and if you go in you will be sucked into an alternate universe. (police tell you you can't go in). so you say ok and you don't go in and you leave. This is the same as if the police show up on your front door and say "can we search your house". if you say yes then they can do it. but you can say no.

2) police tell you you cannot go in because the room is full, you point out that you can see that it is not, and while they're telling you it's full the people behind you in line are going in. so you argue with them and say you know they are lying ... boom! you get tackled and arrested. this is the same as if police knock on your door, ask to search your house, you say no, and they arrest you and search (without warrant).

--
so basically you can't win the immediate situation, however, in case 2) you can sue and win. the problem is that if this is policy then the police will always do this, people will sometimes sue and win, and the city/state whatever will just pay out. they will just use your tax dollars and raise your taxes to increase totalitarianism.