Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 07:24 AM

Default Re: scared of being nice to kids -

Kids also have no concept of personal space. I was watching fireworks in a park on the 4th of july with my girlfriend and a 5 year old boy that I have never seen before sat down like an inch away from me on our blanket.

No adult would ever do something like that, he sat down as if he was in our party. His mom came and asked if he was bothering us and we said no just to be polite. His mom sat a few feet behind us. He eventually fell asleep practically in my lap. I thought it was strange but his mom picked him up at the end of the show and thanked us and left.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kids also have no concept of personal space. I was watching fireworks in a park on the 4th of july with my girlfriend and a 5 year old boy that I have never seen before sat down like an inch away from me on our blanket.

No adult would ever do something like that, he sat down as if he was in our party. His mom came and asked if he was bothering us and we said no just to be polite. His mom sat a few feet behind us. He eventually fell asleep practically in my lap. I thought it was strange but his mom picked him up at the end of the show and thanked us and left.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that's the nice thing about kids, they aren't surrounded by walls yet.... obv. this puts them in danger in addition to making them endearing...... it also forces you to be assertive in many instances when you would rather just be left alone
Old 09-19-2007, 03:54 PM

Honestly, I think there is a lot unnecessary drama going on in this thread. I have 4 daughters and I am very very protective of them and I still have no problem with them talking to strangers, hugging teachers they know, etc..
Old 09-19-2007, 03:58 PM

Could someone tell me what they think of the locker room situation I described in my previous post in this thread? I still don't really know what to think of it.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could someone tell me what they think of the locker room situation I described in my previous post in this thread? I still don't really know what to think of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol?

yes, that would be incredibly awkward

pretty sure telling the parent he's a tard is a bad move, not as bad as sprouting a boner though

they're canadian, eh?

lololol that'd be the perfect set up too.... if he approached you after for hush money - crimes always more fun when you get the kids involved