Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 02:19 AM

Default Re: 200NL | When nits attack!.....other nits!

yes. even worse than cr ai.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:40 AM

sincerely, then please do...the floor is yours HaiaN

i put up my thoughts in the spirit of sharing for the community...if you think they are wrong, please say why, as i tried to say why it believed the actions i espoused were correct...

here's your chance to prove to someone that has never heard of you that your opinion is of value
Old 09-14-2007, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sincerely, then please do...the floor is yours HaiaN

i put up my thoughts in the spirit of sharing for the community...if you think they are wrong, please say why, as i tried to say why it believed the actions i espoused were correct...

here's your chance to prove to someone that has never heard of you that your opinion is of value

[/ QUOTE ]

He was just disagreeing with your assessment of hero being pot committed on the turn. We are very likely behind here but also likely have at least 12 clean outs. The fact that villain just minraised the turn allows hero to just call thus it isn't an all in or fold situation on the turn.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:09 AM

havent read responses but

check turn

as played on the turn, fold river
Old 09-14-2007, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nits don't float.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain is 13/9 over 3,000 hands:

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $253.75
BB: $218.75
Hero (UTG): $256.95
CO: $200.00
BTN: $35.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, 3 folds, BB calls $6.00

Flop: ($17) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $14.00</font>, BB calls $14.00

Turn: ($45) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $30.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $198.75</font>, Hero calls $168.75

River: ($442.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $442.50 ($2 Rake)

BB had A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Tens) and LOST (-$220.75)
Hero had A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a full house, Tens full of Aces) and WON (+$215.75)

Of course they do. And on this board there are tons of opportunities for anyone to be floating us here. I think he's got a draw a good portion of the time on this board.

Sure, the only better hand he might fold here is AK but I still think that there is merit to a c/r even if I can't articulate exactly why. There have been some good points brought up as to why it's bad so I am reconsidering what would at least half of the time be my standard line, admittedly more against tough regulars than against unknown nits.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not a float

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh, to me it sure looks like an oop float with A high. What else would you call it? Playing for pot control with a pair draw? A value call?
Old 09-14-2007, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nits don't float.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)

Flop: ($17) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)

BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $30.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $198.75</font>, Hero calls $168.75

BB had A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Tens) and LOST (-$220.75)
Hero had A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a full house, Tens full of Aces) and WON (+$215.75)

Of course they do. And on this board there are tons of opportunities for anyone to be floating us here. I think he's got a draw a good portion of the time on this board.

Sure, the only better hand he might fold here is AK but I still think that there is merit to a c/r even if I can't articulate exactly why. There have been some good points brought up as to why it's bad so I am reconsidering what would at least half of the time be my standard line, admittedly more against tough regulars than against unknown nits.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not a float

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh, to me it sure looks like an oop float with A high. What else would you call it? Playing for pot control with a pair draw? A value call?

[/ QUOTE ]

he puts himself ahead of your cbet range w hands like AQ, AJ, KQ, KJ etc.... that's why he CCed pf
Old 09-14-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nits don't float.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not a float

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he puts himself ahead of your cbet range w hands like AQ, AJ, KQ, KJ etc.... that's why he CCed pf

[/ QUOTE ]

no, he cc'd pf because he's a nit and he's bad at poker.

Sigh, this is a silly discussion but floating, in my mind is calling a bet with a hand that has some possibilities with the intent to take the hand away on a later street. When I raise preflop with AK and get led into on a dry flop if I call, I consider that a float because I'm going to look to bluff my opponent off of his small or middle pair or whatever, somewhere in the hand. Sure I might even have the best hand on the flop but I'm really looking to either hit a pair or bluff at the hand somewhere.

Same is true when I have middle pair on a K63 flop or whatever in position. Again, I might have the best hand but I'm unlikely to just check it down b/c I want my opponent to fold his 77-JJ or whatever.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:53 AM

Though I like check/calling teh turn this isn't bad. Have to call that turn minraise as he is pricing you in.

Simple river fold but I guess the post really wasn't about that.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nits don't float.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not a float

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, he cc'd pf because he's a nit and he's bad at poker.

Sigh, this is a silly discussion but floating, in my mind is calling a bet with a hand that has some possibilities with the intent to take the hand away on a later street. When I raise preflop with AK and get led into on a dry flop if I call, I consider that a float because I'm going to look to bluff my opponent off of his small or middle pair or whatever, somewhere in the hand. Sure I might even have the best hand on the flop but I'm really looking to either hit a pair or bluff at the hand somewhere.

Same is true when I have middle pair on a K63 flop or whatever in position. Again, I might have the best hand but I'm unlikely to just check it down b/c I want my opponent to fold his 77-JJ or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is not a float. He's ahead of hero's range on the flop and that's why he c/c. The same way he would c/c 22, would you consider that a float? AK is basically just as likely to be ahead on this flop as 22, but AK has a greater chance of imrpoving. He's calling one bet on the flop hoping to get to a sd cheap or improving, he's not calling with the intention of bluffing later in the hand.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is not a float. He's ahead of hero's range on the flop and that's why he c/c. The same way he would c/c 22, would you consider that a float? AK is basically just as likely to be ahead on this flop as 22, but AK has a greater chance of imrpoving. He's calling one bet on the flop hoping to get to a sd cheap or improving, he's not calling with the intention of bluffing later in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, its a value/showdown call. I do it tonnes with position and sometimes OOP. I'm calling the flop because I am clearly ahead of villains range. Sometimes I will try to bluff on later streets if I think my hand has more value as a bluff but primarily I'm calling because my hand is often best.