Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 08:36 AM

Default Re: New Tracking Software: Poker Maven

Exception type: PokerAnalytics.Baffin.Data.DatabaseConnectionExcep tion

Message: Could not connect to database. Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=PokerMavenHandHistories;User ID=pokerMavenReader;Password=pokerMaven;
Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite: Void OpenConnection(System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection )
HelpLink: <null>
Source: PokerAnalytics.Baffin.Data

Stack Trace:

at PokerAnalytics.Baffin.Data.DataComponentBase.OpenC onnection(SqlConnection connection)
at PokerAnalytics.Baffin.Data.DataComponentBase.Execu teScalarSp(SqlConnection connection, String storedProcedureName, DataParameter[] dataParameters)
at PokerAnalytics.Baffin.Data.DataComponentBase.Execu teScalarSp(String storedProcedureName)
at PokerAnalytics.Baffin.Data.HandHistories.VersionDc .Get()
at PokerAnalytics.Baffin.Business.DatabaseManagement. DoesHandHistoriesDatabaseNeedUpdating(String rootScriptsDirectory)
at PokerAnalytics.Baffin.WindowsApp.Program.Main()

Exception type: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException

Errors: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlErrorCollection
Class: 14
LineNumber: 65536
Number: 18456
Procedure:
Server: .\SQLEXPRESS
State: 1
Source: .Net SqlClient Data Provider
ErrorCode: -2146232060
Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite: Void OnError(System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException, Boolean)
HelpLink: <null>

Stack Trace:

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnErro r(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndW arning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.Com pleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.Ope nLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ct or(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateC onnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.Creat ePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateOb ject(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCrea teRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConne ction(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetCo nnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenCo nnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at PokerAnalytics.Baffin.Data.DataComponentBase.OpenC onnection(SqlConnection connection)
Old 09-13-2007, 09:19 AM

are there 3bet percents on this? This is one feature of PT that is missing and if your product had a)3bet percent b)fold to 3bet and c)4bet percent, I'd definitely consider switching.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have sql server 2005 but it doesn't say express so i'm not sure if it is right or not. Could you please give me a link to dl the express version?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you see SQL Server 2005 in Add/Remove Programs then you have the correct version. The installer downloads and installs it for you.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:29 AM

Would any of you folks with these database problems be willing to host a Remote Assistance session? That way I can diagnose the problem in the quickest manner possible. I can't reproduce these connection issues on my QA VM so it's probably something specific to the configuration of your computers.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
are there 3bet percents on this? This is one feature of PT that is missing and if your product had a)3bet percent b)fold to 3bet and c)4bet percent, I'd definitely consider switching.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Poker Maven actually tracks *all* hand action for every hand in a table in the database. For every bet, raise and call there is an associated "bet number." Currently, the HUD only exposes pre-flop 3-bet % but adding 4-bet % would be a simple thing to do.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:15 AM

I believe I have found the root cause of most of these database problems. During installation, two database logins are supposed to be created that tie in with all Poker Maven databases. 0.9.1 created these logins properly, but 1.0.2 did not. I have released 1.0.3 to address this issue.

To be sure the logins are created you need to uninstall Poker Maven and have the uninstaller delete all databases. If you don't choose to delete all databases the login creation script will be skipped.

EDIT: I've uploaded a new 1.0.3 installer to solve an uninstallation issue I discovered during testing. The 1.0.3 installer should properly uninstall 1.0.2 first.

Thanks for bearing with me on these installation issues folks.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:50 PM

I hate to keep being such a bother but i just installed the new version and the ... button no longer works. I store my histories on my desk top and not the default folder. When i go to configure import and hit ... to try and change the directory nothing happens. Also i have a bunch of hands in pt what would be the easiest way to get them all exported to maven?
Old 09-13-2007, 01:04 PM

I would be more than happy to work with third-party application developers such as the SpadeEye team once Poker Maven matures a bit. This is a beta application and as such is not as robust as it could be at this point.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the ... button no longer works.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the bug report. I have reproduced the problem and will release a fix shortly.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:48 PM

any help for me problem?