Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Dealing with moron neighbors

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Again the the main issue here that you're forgeting is that you're putting YOUR kids in danger by allowing them to play in the street given the history of drivers not stopping at the stop sign. Who gives a [censored] about the law???? The first time you saw someone run that stop sign shame on them, the second time shame on you. Does it take one of your kids getting hit by a car to get them in the yard where they belong????

[/ QUOTE ]

You're the kinda guy that tells a chick wearing a revealing outfit that it's her fault she got raped, right?

Do you think before you type/talk? Cause this is some pretty [censored] up logic.

- C -

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the compairision of a rapist to a guy that ran a stop sign. Next are you going to compare the attacks on 9/11 to a kid stealing a pack of bubble gum???

It is a fact that you saw the danger when other people ran the stop sign. You ignored that danger and put your kids lives at stake by allowing them to continue in the street. Jesus they let anyone have kids these days, there should be a test or something.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:48 PM

Throw logic out the window, it doesn't work with protective parents. Just explain to her that you believe that her kid and the other teens are good kids, but that's all good until a child dies.

The kids should be able to play in the Cul de Sac, didn't any of you play in the streets when you were young??? Or are we that advanced into the playstation generation?
Old 09-07-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who the hell says "on accident".. is it a regional thing? i must know. i think i made a poll once...

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess if you grew up in Kansas?

accidentally missed is better than missed on accident, you are right

[ QUOTE ]
Some of you guys I guess think we're robots that don't have emotions and won't react in pretty human ways to something. I will be pretty calm and collected when people drive like normal people even if they don't stop at a stop sign. I'm not an idiot and contrary to some belief I'm not a life nit.

But this kid didn't even slow down to take that turn. It's not a matter of "just missing a stop sign" regardless of whether it's an accident or blatant disregard. I couldn't care less which of the two it was, no one should EVER be taking a turn at full speed, particularly in a residential neighborhood.

If you don't have kids, you have no hope of understanding the emotional reaction that takes place here, but try to put yourself in a parent's shoes for one second here. Your kids are out playing. Some kid rockets around a corner at a speed fast enough that if your kids are out in front of him, he has no hope of stopping in time. You have less than one second to get him slowed down to make sure he doesn't continue driving wrecklessly and hurt someone if your kids happen to be in his path (cause you can't see it's a kid when he comes tearing around that corner, you have no idea which house he's going to, so who knows what his path is).

You think you're gonna react calmly to something like that?

I don't think so. Every parent I know blows their lid, screams at them to get them slowed or stopped, and will not be calm when speaking to them. Human nature, and I'm not apologetic for it.

- C -

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a question of whether you were justified in being angry. Of course you were. It's a question of which approach is more effective at that moment. Next time, take some deep breaths, cool your jets, and handle it in a way that's most likely to prevent your kids from getting run over.

1. Anyone criticizing OP for letting his kids play in the street is retarded. Little kids have played on the low/no traffic streets in their neighborhoods forever. You can't ride a bike on grass.

2. OP needs to be a little more understanding of the kids blowing the stop sign. It sounds like this is an intersection where there's no traffic. These kids coming from outside the neighborhood don't know to expect little kids in the street. They're looking for other cars, know they're not going to see any, and blow off the stop sign. Simply ask the mother to tell the kids' friends to be mindful of the possibility of little ones in the street when they pull in and, assuming the friends really are good kids, the whole thing will be over.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who the hell says "on accident"

[/ QUOTE ]

Retards.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's very true it's easy for me to say this sitting here. It takes some repetition in dealing with people in a calm rational manner all the time to be able to do so when your emotions are through the roof. You are worried about your kids safety and treating the kid like scum isn't the best way to make the situation better in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right but when it comes to my kids, I'm not there yet. Not with someone that does something like that.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Again the the main issue here that you're forgeting is that you're putting YOUR kids in danger by allowing them to play in the street given the history of drivers not stopping at the stop sign. Who gives a [censored] about the law???? The first time you saw someone run that stop sign shame on them, the second time shame on you. Does it take one of your kids getting hit by a car to get them in the yard where they belong????

[/ QUOTE ]

You're the kinda guy that tells a chick wearing a revealing outfit that it's her fault she got raped, right?

Do you think before you type/talk? Cause this is some pretty [censored] up logic.

- C -

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the compairision of a rapist to a guy that ran a stop sign. Next are you going to compare the attacks on 9/11 to a kid stealing a pack of bubble gum???

It is a fact that you saw the danger when other people ran the stop sign. You ignored that danger and put your kids lives at stake by allowing them to continue in the street. Jesus they let anyone have kids these days, there should be a test or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, we're done here. Your logic is beyond effed so I'm not gonna bother anymore.

- C -
Old 09-07-2007, 11:55 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

[ QUOTE ]
1. Anyone criticizing OP for letting his kids play in the street is retarded. Little kids have played on the low/no traffic streets in their neighborhoods forever. You can't ride a bike on grass.

2. OP needs to be a little more understanding of the kids blowing the stop sign. It sounds like this is an intersection where there's no traffic. These kids coming from outside the neighborhood don't know to expect little kids in the street. They're looking for other cars, know they're not going to see any, and blow off the stop sign. Simply ask the mother to tell the kids' friends to be mindful of the possibility of little ones in the street when they pull in and, assuming the friends really are good kids, the whole thing will be over.

[/ QUOTE ]

niss wins the thread.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:57 PM

You can't ride a bike on grass? I did this all the time as a kid, and it wasn't on a mountain bike.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:58 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

[ QUOTE ]
You can't ride a bike on grass? I did this all the time as a kid, and it wasn't on a mountain bike.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's possible but it's a pain in the ass. I don't see why it's unreasonable to do it on the road if it doesn't get that much traffic.