Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: My friend Scott

Horrible beat. Good luck op.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn I almost cried reading that [censored], sorry man.....

[/ QUOTE ]

A good friend of mine killed himself, his wasn't as out of the blue seeming as your buddy TSC, but it still sucked horribly. Reading the OP just reminded me of everything I was feeling when I first found out...

FWIW, my Dad who's a psychiatrist told me that if someone really wants to kill himself, there's not much you can do to stop it. I mean I don't think that's his medical approach to the situation with patients... just don't beat yourself up about it, nothing you could've done.

GL and feel better man,

-Al
Old 09-06-2007, 12:49 PM

TSC,

I'm really sorry dude. Hope you get through this hard time ok.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:50 PM

So sad. Guess nothing but time can help with the pain (been there). Keep going on man.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:23 PM

I am sorry for your loss. I definitely remember Kerssens on 2+2 from "back in the day".

[ QUOTE ]
From what I have learned, it appears this was something that he had thought about for a few months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he leave a note? Why would he be thinking about suicide "for a few months"? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2007, 03:38 PM

TSC, I'm really sorry for your loss.

A few years back, an ex-girlfriend of mine killed herself after a party we both attended. We were still friends, so we talked a bit and I didn't notice anything strange.

Around 3 am, she left the party. Half an hour later, one of my best friends recieved a text message that said: "Tell my dad I love him". We were kind of mad because she could be such a drama queen, and discussed if we should go find her. We decided to ignore it, because she had a habit of looking for attention when she was drunk or feeling sorry for herself. We didn't have a clue where we'd start looking anyway.

The next morning, I was woken up by a police officer who told me that after the party, she took off to the railroad tracks and jumped in front of a passing train.

I spent the next day with most of our mutual friends, and that really helped to deal with it. We still don't know what on earth she was thinking. I'm really glad I didn't have to deal with it alone.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:47 PM

Horrible. Never met the guy but had plans to once to poker it up in Seattle. He invited me, was a very nice guy, and he'll be missed [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2007, 03:47 PM

He didn't leave a note, but w/o getting into details it appears he had been contemplating this for a few months.

I have to confess, I have suddenly been overcome with a great amount of fear. Up until now I have been 200 miles away from this incident, tucked away in my protective shield that is Portland. However tomorrow I am driving up to Seattle to spend time with my parents, and to see friends. His roomates are having a gathering at their house and quite frankly I am scared shitless that once I get there I will break down and cry. I almost want to stay at my parents house and not leave all weekend. This has been hard enough for me, but I can't imagine what it has been like for those right there. I don't know if I can bear to see their faces, which will undoubtabely be grief stricken.

This really really sucks. I have almost broken down crying numerous times today thinking about this.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:50 PM

nothing wrong with crying dude. especially with friends who have the same feelings you do.

otapawy
Old 09-06-2007, 03:51 PM

Exactly. Crying amongst friends and family will probably be the best thing for you man.