Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What should guids get?
Escalade 1 3.57%
Custom CXT 4 14.29%
Death Star 23 82.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2007, 04:01 AM

Default Re: beat: thailand story WWYD?

[ QUOTE ]
Go to the Police. You underestimate them. There are actually laws in Thailand, and they police do enforce them, when needed. Show proof, if you got any, of the damage she caused, and let them know what she stole. Taking a Thai friend to talk for you would be an advantage too. It would be a long process though, and you probably won't get your passport and camera back at the end of it. So maybe not worth it.
Offering her money for your things back would be an idea, although she's probably sold them already. I wouldn't be getting violent, as that will almost definately come back and bite you on the ass. Thai guys don't like white people stealing their girls, they only need a little excuse to cause some damage, it's not worth it.
Best play is to just let it go, buy a new camera, get a new passport, go out, find a new girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is prob best advice.

Go gentle with it.

So far I've been able to minimize my damage with the ex by staying calm trying to "negotiate" a middle ground and letting her know that a lot of her "I go to police" shouting is a little toothless. I simply counter by saying that my Older Merican friend's Thai wife will also go along and speak my side for me and the police will most likely do little unless there is strong evidence (you can prove she stole ur stuff) or you act like a complete disrespectful arsehole to them.

Best recco is use a Thai middleman you trust to calmly (without you around) ask her if shed be willing to return said items (no questions asked or police involved) for a small reward for finding them. Phrased carefully (non accusationlly) and cool heartedly this is your best shot at etting passport back. OBV it will cost you a few K THB, with a % thrown in for the Thai middleman, but I'm sure you'd rather part with 10KTHB ($300)to get your passport back and have cooled the situ down with her (IE no more future drama waiting in the wings) then have to try and do te dance with the police and the headache of lost passport replacement from US Embassy.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:25 AM

Ahhh thai girlfriends are so sweet until they start to call you 24 times a day, steal your money and your passport and threaten to cut your dick in your sleep...

I wonder why i don't try to get a new one...
Oh yeah, hookers.

A good byatch is hard to find these days.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:54 PM

Just buy them back from her.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:42 PM

pics of the girl?