Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Attraction same for gay men and straight women?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my buddy, who everyone upon meeting him, thinks is gay,
he's rejected girls that i would give up a testicle to lick a nipple once.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

he's nailed girls the girls i would give testicles to lick their nipple.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:14 PM

i would assume that gay men are attracted to gay men and women are attracted to straight guys
Old 09-01-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've always felt that men use it as a justification for why women might not choose them. Of course I believe there are gold-diggers out there, but I disagree that money is such a huge, attractive quality to all women. That is just way too big of an assumption.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/06/...ess/dating.php

Those men reporting incomes in excess of $250,000 received 156 percent more e-mail messages than those with incomes below $50,000.

Of course, numbers wise there are way more in the second category than the first, so it's not really a high percentage of women doing this, but there's no question that a man who makes money gets a significantly greater amount of attention from women than one who doesn't.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:32 PM

obviously this has been touched on, but some people don't seem to get that there are like 1000 other qualities that often correlate with wealth.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Snowball,

Are you open to the possibility that you choose women poorly?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know for an absolute fact that I choose women poorly. FWIW, I think most people choose their mates poorly, due to outdated sexual selection rituals and evolutionary brain programming that simply just doesn't apply to modern society. The most commonly stated example of this is women who are attracted to outlaw bikers, unemployed alcoholics, etc.

tengentially related must reading:
LADDER THEORY
Old 09-01-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would assume that gay men are attracted to gay men and women are attracted to straight guys

[/ QUOTE ]

really? there's gotta be a ton of overlap if you're talking about the right girl. It's not like I see a hot lesbian and think to meeself, 'Damn, she'd be so hot if she wasn't a lesbian.'
Old 09-01-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Snowball,

Are you open to the possibility that you choose women poorly?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know for an absolute fact that I choose women poorly. FWIW, I think most people choose their mates poorly, due to outdated sexual selection rituals and evolutionary brain programming that simply just doesn't apply to modern society. The most commonly stated example of this is women who are attracted to outlaw bikers, unemployed alcoholics, etc.

tengentially related must reading:
LADDER THEORY

[/ QUOTE ]

this is basically what FFK was getting at when she said men use the money thing as a justification why they didnt get the girl, people like snowball make excuses like "the ladder theory", and call all women whores, rather than taking an honest look at themselves and realize they are being social retards and all around losers.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

this is basically what FFK was getting at when she said men use the money thing as a justification why they didnt get the girl, people like snowball make excuses like "the ladder theory", and call all women whores, rather than taking an honest look at themselves and realize they are being social retards and all around losers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait what?
Why are you trolling me in like every thread now?

If you agree with FFK, then you should address the post in this thread that showed that women had more responses to men making more $ on dating websites. If you can't address that point, then you shouldn't agree with FFK.

Simply asserting that FFK is right, and that I'm a loser just looks like a typical trollish attempt at flaming me. It's really pathetic. Your deficiencies in reasoning and argumentation are bad enough when discussing everyday stuff, but when you're malicious like this, then it becomes my business. I don't this kind of behavior is conducive to a healthy forum environment. So again: stop trolling me.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait what?
Why are you trolling me in like every thread now?

If you agree with FFK, then you should address the post in this thread that showed that women had more responses to men making more $ on dating websites. If you can't address that point, then you shouldn't agree with FFK.

Simply asserting that FFK is right, and that I'm a loser just looks like a typical trollish attempt at flaming me. It's really pathetic. Your deficiencies in reasoning and argumentation are bad enough when discussing everyday stuff, but when you're malicious like this, then it becomes my business. I don't this kind of behavior is conducive to a healthy forum environment. So again: stop trolling me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not trolling you specifically, you were just the first one to get really misogynistic in this thread. And using INTERNET dating sites as an accurate example of a cros section of women, is ludicrous....mainly as half of these "women" are probably men. Im not asserting you are a loser, your posts in this thread just happened to be an excellent example of FFK's point, and I wasnt sure if most guys understood where she was coming from. I was just trying to translate a little if you will, and you just happened to personify her point, almost to the point of being a characteture of what she was talking about.

PS- to teh forum, if you guys think that my advice on relationships and women are not conducive to a "good forum enviroment"...hahah (who cares abotu that srsly?)...let me know and Ill stop posting about stuff like that, but the douche bag brashness isnt going anywhere if you guys still would like advice.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh.

1) Even FFK mentioned the possibility of gold diggers, which I'm sure that statistic includes.

2) Seeing a 50 yr old with an income of $250k vs. $30k doesn't just mean money as a million others have said. It means, power, motivation, he has a good steady job, doesn't live with his mother etc.

It's not as if the people with 250k+ are all lottery winners, same as the common man in every way.