Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Re: Would you let this friend crash at your place?

[ QUOTE ]
This guy put his life on the line for your freedom and you cant let him stay a night?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I hope you're leveling. Either way, I'm drunk and that made me laugh.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, after flaming out as a teacher after 1 year (anyone could tell within 10 minutes of meeting the guy that there's no way he'd have control over the class), he enlisted in the Marines, and he went to Iraq for a few months and all that. He just got back a couple weeks ago

[/ QUOTE ]

So you haven't had any contact with this guy in like 4 years? No way I let him stay. In fact, I go out for the evening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he's come back a couple times and we've gone out to eat with some friends, and we IM very occasionally on AIM, but other than that, no real contact.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, you have gone to dinner with him, you talk to him, but because he's been serving in the military and not around as much, you no longer consider him a friend and can't offer him a couch? WTF?

Borrow money, no. Couch for 1 nite, yes.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, after flaming out as a teacher after 1 year (anyone could tell within 10 minutes of meeting the guy that there's no way he'd have control over the class), he enlisted in the Marines, and he went to Iraq for a few months and all that. He just got back a couple weeks ago

[/ QUOTE ]

So you haven't had any contact with this guy in like 4 years? No way I let him stay. In fact, I go out for the evening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he's come back a couple times and we've gone out to eat with some friends, and we IM very occasionally on AIM, but other than that, no real contact.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, you have gone to dinner with him, you talk to him, but because he's been serving in the military and not around as much, you no longer consider him a friend and can't offer him a couch? WTF?

Borrow money, no. Couch for 1 nite, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no no, I didn't really consider him a 'friend' even before the military stint. We never really hung out at all, outside from getting the occasinal meal with other teachers and stuff.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:55 AM

Call him on Monday night/Tuesday and say you got the message but where gone for the long weekend. Does he know your address?
Old 09-01-2007, 02:28 AM

He probably considered you his best teacher friend, so I'd be nice to him. I assume he'll have a couple cool stories from the marines.