Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Peter King\'s top 500 NFL players

[ QUOTE ]

214. Michael Vick QB, Falcons
Real kick in the face to those other 276

Vick should either be way higher or off the list completely, King provides no reasoning either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, in his article in Sports Illustrated, he does explain why he put Vick there.

"In the case of Vick, he wouldn't have been in the top 100 even with a squeaky-clean resume because he still isn't the complete quarterback that defines NFL greatness at the position. How, he may not play football again until he's 30 years old, and if that turns out to be the case, a ranking of 214 might be generous. He's on the list because he'll have the chance to play again, someday, and his skills won't fully erode in the meantime."
Old 09-03-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

214. Michael Vick QB, Falcons
Real kick in the face to those other 276

Vick should either be way higher or off the list completely, King provides no reasoning either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, in his article in Sports Illustrated, he does explain why he put Vick there.

"In the case of Vick, he wouldn't have been in the top 100 even with a squeaky-clean resume because he still isn't the complete quarterback that defines NFL greatness at the position. How, he may not play football again until he's 30 years old, and if that turns out to be the case, a ranking of 214 might be generous. He's on the list because he'll have the chance to play again, someday, and his skills won't fully erode in the meantime."

[/ QUOTE ]

Its still retarded to put him on the list. The guy won't be playing NFL football for at least 2 full years. If you are going to include him then you may as well include a bunch of college players too.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:58 PM

Leftwich is 204 and Garrard doesn't make the list. Hyacha.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, Peyton is only #1, is there no number higher?

Cody
Old 09-03-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, Peyton is only #1, is there no number higher?

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously it's mistaken. They meant to have Vince Young at number one. Defending Offensive player of the year, defensive player of the year, MVP, and Rookie of the Year. Not to mention his 2nd place finish in coaching of the year voting.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:27 PM

im sorry but anyone who says vick is not one of the top 20 football players in the world should be shot.

i mean guy could be a great running back, he could step in and play DB he is at worst a top 10 QB. Im sorry but anyone who says Vick is not a top 20 footballing talent should be shot.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im sorry but anyone who says vick is not one of the top 20 football players in the world should be shot.

i mean guy could be a great running back, he could step in and play DB he is at worst a top 10 QB. Im sorry but anyone who says Vick is not a top 20 footballing talent should be shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because its the same skill set as being a QB, RB, and DB. There is no way we could ever know he would be a good RB. Forget about being an NFL caliber DB, how could you even assume that?
Old 09-03-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are an idiot if you think he could "step in and play at DB".

I'll stop short of saying you should be shot though, I guess I'm just not as prone to hyperbole as you.

Can we change this clowns title?

I propose: The Redbean of Vick
Old 09-03-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are an idiot if you think he could "step in and play at DB".

I'll stop short of saying you should be shot though, I guess I'm just not as prone to hyperbole as you.

Can we change this clowns title?

I propose: The Redbean of Vick

[/ QUOTE ]

doesnt redbean actually make good arguments though?

whereas this guy's argument was

a) i mean guy could be a great running back, he could step in and play DB he is at worst a top 10 QB.

thus,

b) anyone who says vick is not one of the top 20 football players in the world should be shot.

which is pretty compelling, but falls a bit short of redbean's typical attention to detail and, you know, actual facts/statistics.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:48 PM

I was thinking along the lines of every single post being about the same exact thing.

Redbean definitely makes his case far better, but its just as tired and stale, IMO.