Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Brett Myers...... he seems nice

It's cute that you edited the post in which you terrifically misused "microcosm." What did you possibly change if not something that makes you look illiterate? Though I guess your tireless defense of wifebeating overshadows your poor grasp of English anyway.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:06 PM

I'm actually from Bulgaria. English is not my first language. Or even fourth.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:08 PM

OMG U NO 5 LANGWAGES OMG U R TEH SMARTZ!!! NEVERMYNED MAIBEE U IS RIGHT ABOUT MEIERZ
Old 08-26-2007, 11:10 PM

lol at vyse's new title
Old 08-26-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. Really, I didn't know you were such an expert on Myers' domestic situation. Why don't you tell me everything you know? Enlighten me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that it's possible that Myers didn't beat his wife (i.e., that the details of the incident are incorrect)? Or are you saying that we can't conclude he's a POS loser just because he beat his wife?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously let's judge everyone off the worst moments in their life. I'm sure we'll all look great then.

2p2 = non-stop laughs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Judging people based on the worst moment in their life is pretty much the best possible way to judge people. What would you recommend? I'm really not interested in how someone is ON AVERAGE, I'm much more interested in the outliers, and specifically the negative outliers. Someone who works at a homeless shelter 5 days a week and beats his wife the other two might have the same average as a guy who is just sort of a general prick but never beats anyone. I'll take the second guy every time though, because he doesn't beat his wife.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that people are so quick to be convinced in their mind that one incident (pretty much everyone is agreeing the wife-beater thing is the foundation of their opinion) can determine whether you are a bad or good person makes me think you have a self-inflated sense of morality. Like it or not, everyone's human, and if you don't know him personally there's no reason to act like he is whatever you think he is because you don't have nearly enough information to make such a judgement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, there are a few "point of no return" type incidents. Things you just can't ever recover from. Things like rape, murder, child molestation, and beating your wife. If he got in a fight and pounded some drunk, thats fine. If he got into an argument with some punkass reporter, and cussed him out, ok. But there are a few make or break actions, things that negate everything else you do. Beating your wife, dragging her down the street by her hair, and punching her in the face, these things make the cut. For me at least.

I will agree with you that I know absolutely nothing about the rest of his life. Trust me when I say it doesn't matter. There isn't a combination of attributes, characteristics or actions that could redeem him.

Maybe for you, there is no List of Unforgivables. Thats fine. To each his own. But for me there is. And it doesn't mean I'm being hasty or jumping to conclusions. The conclusion is there. There is no debate. He crossed the line, he is a douchebag. Forever.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Things like rape, murder, child molestation, and beating your wife.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lmfao, the last one is just not remotely close to the others. You've never been pissed off so much that you would resort to physical violence in a moment of emotional weakness? I have, and as to the person it was, it didn't matter if it was my brother, my dog, my wife, my friend, my boss -- emotion has no eyes.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You've never been pissed off so much that you would resort to physical violence in a moment of emotional weakness? I have, and as to the person it was, it didn't matter if it was my brother, my dog , my wife, my friend, my boss -- emotion has no eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG U DOG KILLER!!!

[x] Michael Vick gimmick account?
Old 08-26-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Things like rape, murder, child molestation, and beating your wife.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lmfao, the last one is just not remotely close to the others. You've never been pissed off so much that you would resort to physical violence in a moment of emotional weakness? I have, and as to the person it was, it didn't matter if it was my brother, my dog, my wife, my friend, my boss -- emotion has no eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this ridiculous copout is true, then at the very least the last one and the second one fit together. If being a slave to your out of control emotions is an acceptable excuse, the only thing separating 4 and 2 is a gun or a lead pipe or something.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:44 AM

Lmfao, ridiculous cop out? So you've never been in a physical altercation before? That would explain a lot.
Closed Thread