Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Westbrook & (pick one)
Droughns @ OAK 1 33.33%
L. Jordon v CLE 2 66.67%
Jones-Drew @ WAS 0 0%
T. Henry v DAL 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2007, 02:41 AM

Default Re: HUGE BRAG: Wife Now In Heaven

this is the weirdest post in the history of 2+2. it almost seems like a joke. and what's even stranger is that nobody is making fun of him.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After a long bout with breast cancer my wife has finally passed away and I can honestly say--I've never been more happy for her. An exciting time for her now. How can I be so certain you ask that she is in Heaven and not in Hell? Just trust me on this one ; ) She is a great woman and I'm confident she went where she needed to go (ie. Heaven). We both got married early on in life and she has went on pretty early too. She was a beautiful part of my life and will be missed forever. In the later stages when she was ready to go she was just talking about her faith and it was really just such an emotionally powerful experience. I felt really fortunate to be right there beside her. Really late on as her breathing and movements became more fragile and it had spread to the bone I can honestly say I've never been more attracted to her in her and my life. I'll cherish them forever. If you have the time (and even if you don't) say a quick prayer for her! I love you Amy! - Jake : )

Beat: Now will have to make funeral arrangements...something I am not looking forward too at this point in time. Also no more watching Friends and eating that wonderful chicken spaghetti!
BRAG: Wife no longer in pain and in the best place there is to be. I truly envy her.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am glad that your wife's suffering has come to an end.

I rarely touch posts that offend me, but this post was so touching while equally disturbing, that I felt a strong need put my thoughts in writing.

I can't comprehend why you would make this post. I believe in celebrating the lives of people who have died, but your choice of forum/tactic seems wrong to me. Did you feel that this needed to be controversial to get people to read it? Why would you pick you title "HUGE BRAG: Wife Now In Heaven," or chose the bolded words for any reason other than the shock value. In a forum like BBV, this seems to be asking for negativity in a serious topic, effectively drawing the focus from your wife to your religion.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:43 AM

i feel bad for the guy.. he seems brainwashed and delusional.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:44 AM

quite honestly, it sort of amazes me that every christian doesn't react this way when someone dies.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good for you on having a positive viewpoint on all this. I have to point out though that a lot of the posters on 2p2 are atheists, and therefore don't want to appear like douches but are still thinking "heaven" psshhhhh

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT
Old 08-24-2007, 02:49 AM

Puppy,

Your posts in SMP really demonstrated your unshakeable faith. The fact that you are able to deal with a situation in this manner further confirms the fact that you are ahead of 99% of people with faith; and I truly respect you for dealing with such a tragedy in a positive light. Good luck!!! (I'm afraid that making your OP within BBV makes my post out to seem sarcastic, but it really isn't)
Old 08-24-2007, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
quite honestly, it sort of amazes me that every christian doesn't react this way when someone dies.

[/ QUOTE ]

they do at the funerals i have attended
Old 08-24-2007, 02:52 AM

Old 08-24-2007, 02:55 AM

swing and a miss
Old 08-24-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ban.

op- sorry for your loss, but happy you are able to keep your head up. doubt i could do the same