Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 07:15 PM

Default Re: a crash course in prenups

[ QUOTE ]

The whole notion of a 50/50 marriage, in todays society is by and large total [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

guids,

Please explain this. Because I would think that in today's society, where women can largely earn as much as men, the idea of a 50/50 marriage is more applicable than before.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The whole notion of a 50/50 marriage, in todays society is by and large total [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

guids,

Please explain this. Because I would think that in today's society, where women can largely earn as much as men, the idea of a 50/50 marriage is more applicable than before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given guids performance in this thread why do you want him to explain anything else? Laughs?
Old 08-23-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Given guids performance in this thread why do you want him to
explain anything else? Laughs?

[/ QUOTE ]

stabn,

I did hesitate before hitting "Continue," but I really do want to know the reasoning behind it.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I already pointed out that you (as far as I know) are not doing laundry for 4 people including yourself. That you are not spending hours on stain removal to get random bits of crap out of every item of size one clothing. That you are not doing all of this while trying to supervise homework and manage the household. That any time you are especially busy you can have popcorn for dinner and no one will care. That you don't have kids spilling/pooping/vomiting/drawing on every household surface and coming in your front door without wiping their feet 10 times a day.

That you don't have a son that is trying to learn to hit the toilet and, well, not, necessitating the cleaning of your bathroom every day.

That you can occasionally have a phone conversation uninterrupted by your child tugging on you because he's bleeding.

Am I wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahhahaha......lady, I am a big kid, stuff happens at my place that is 100 times worse than anything a 4 year old could throw up.

the point is, Im PLANNING at the age of 25, to have enough money by the time Im ready to settle down, that if she is super pressed for time, that she hire someone to do laundry, if she doesnt have time to cook we can get some good food brought to us, if she doesnt have time to wipe a wall down because the kid drew on it she can hire a cleaning lady to help out. Ill do whatever she asks of me while we are married, if she decides she wants to break that vow, than I will feel no guilt after the fact.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

guids,

[/ QUOTE ]

In theory, yes, in practice the cult of entitlement that women seem to have in the US makes it not so.

why do you think all that pick up artist stuff works so well? you think women change because there is a ring on their finger?

PS- try and tell your future wife that there isnt going to be a huge lavish wedding. Hell, try and tell her you dont want to spend more than 5k on one
Old 08-23-2007, 07:38 PM

I'm all for pre-nups. They make things easier just in case things go badly.
However, the opinions espoused by guids are inanely self-centered.
Very few adults think like you, guids.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:41 PM

Anyone that doesn't want to split assets earned during (not before) the marriage is a douche imo. All I'd use a pre-nup for is to protect what I had before the marriage, so that if it ended in divorce I would not be any worse off for it.

If you don't want to consider the part of your life that you're married as being shared, then don't get married. I don't see how people can be such nits that they want to say "we are partners and love each other" but then make an exception when it comes to finances during that period.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm all for pre-nups. They make things easier just in case things go badly.
However, the opinions espoused by guids are inanely self-centered.
Very few adults think like you, guids.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes....adults arent self-centered......what are you new, or just in denial?
Old 08-23-2007, 07:43 PM

BTW, I'm in favor of prenups under the right circumstances. If I married the person I'm dating now, I'd insist on one because, quite frankly, he needs his assets to earn a living and I wouldn't want to jeopardize them later if I felt petty and vengeful.

But guids, I really think that you don't have any concept of marriage as a partnership, where both parties make choices together...where she might not quit working at all, but take a lower-paying job to allow you to move so you can advance your career, for example. Where you buy a house together based on your life goal of having children and the district you want them to grow up in. Where financial decisions are made as a unit. Where choices that you make might make it possible for her to focus on other areas, that allow her to make more money at the expense of your time and effort.

When you plan together and work together and build a financial life together, you should reap benefits together.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:44 PM

No, you just come off like a peice of [censored] who I can't imagine anybody wanting to make a commitment to.
It's really no surprise that you hold women in such low esteem. I'm sure those you associate with are worthy of your estimation. Birds of a feather and all that.