FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul Wins Alabama/New Hampshire Straw Polls by Landslide

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Oh come on, who are the "Paul Haters"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a liberal Democrat who hates Ron Paul. (Then again, I also hate Dennis Kucinich.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be interested in knowing who you support.

[/ QUOTE ]

I currently lean towards Obama.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm shocked that anyone hates Ron Paul, I suppose it stems from a lack of belief in freedom itself, because it's got to be hard to hate the man right? He's the only politician I've ever heard of that doesn't result to slime-ball pandering, says clearly what he believes and behaves in a way consistent with his stated beliefs. Even if you disagree with him philosophically, can you really hate a man like that? He's a true statesman in the best sense of the word, arguing with that will be an uphill battle. I suppose if his principles were vile enough you could still hate him... but is it really that vile to be pro individual liberty and responsibility?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I say I am a Ron Paul hater, that doesn't mean I want to kill him or firebomb his campaign headquarters, but I do happen to disagree with his politics and I tend not to respect his followers. I don't want him to succeed, and I would gladly sabotage his campaign if there existed legal methods within my abilities.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

So, by this logic, if a state wanted to ban lynching, but a county in that state wanted to continue it, the county should have supremecy. And if a state and county wanted to ban it, yet a town within the county wanted to continue it, the town has supremecy.

Wow. Just wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

This situation is far superior than a situation where a single authority can be as much of a tyrant as it wants over EVERYONE. In this situation, my guess is a lot of people would get out of this county. Not many people would do business with them, and they would become incredibly isolated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or, you could turn it into a tourist attraction. 10,000 people can't be wrong.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So, by this logic, if a state wanted to ban lynching, but a county in that state wanted to continue it, the county should have supremecy. And if a state and county wanted to ban it, yet a town within the county wanted to continue it, the town has supremecy.

Wow. Just wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be for such a system. People could easily move towns, and the founders wanted to create a system where states and cities would compete against each other. Try out different things, and learn from each other.

However congress wildly mis-interpreted the commerce clause of the Constitution, claiming that since they were allowed to regulate "interstate commerce", that they were allowed to regulate anything that has anything to do with money. Hence everything. So we no longer have a system where states can experiment with different policies, seeing which works best. And people could move around to different cities or states, and vote with their feet. The same way that there has always been a migration away from high tax states and towards low tax ones.

We have millions of federal laws and regulations that sets uniform policies for everybody. Definitely not the principles that the country was founded on.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Wow. Just wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

This situation is far superior than a situation where a single authority can be as much of a tyrant as it wants over EVERYONE. In this situation, my guess is a lot of people would get out of this county. Not many people would do business with them, and they would become incredibly isolated.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your alternative? To wave a magic wand and not have racists anymore? Is the cure worse than the disease?

If I were living in a place where lynchings were regularly going on, I would be doing everything in my power to leave.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:19 PM

Old 08-20-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<3
Old 08-21-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Wow. Just wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be for such a system. People could easily move towns, and the founders wanted to create a system where states and cities would compete against each other. Try out different things, and learn from each other.

However congress wildly mis-interpreted the commerce clause of the Constitution, claiming that since they were allowed to regulate "interstate commerce", that they were allowed to regulate anything that has anything to do with money. Hence everything. So we no longer have a system where states can experiment with different policies, seeing which works best. And people could move around to different cities or states, and vote with their feet. The same way that there has always been a migration away from high tax states and towards low tax ones.

We have millions of federal laws and regulations that sets uniform policies for everybody. Definitely not the principles that the country was founded on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 08-22-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
only in nonexistent cases does the likelihood of serious injury or death (imo) warrant killing the fetus for the health of the mother.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-22-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Wow. Just wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your alternative? To wave a magic wand and not have racists anymore? Is the cure worse than the disease?

If I were living in a place where lynchings were regularly going on, I would be doing everything in my power to leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT