Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 04:34 AM

Default Re: Showtime\'s \"Califronication\"

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Outstanding episode, maybe my favorite one so far.

From the first line about the BJ to the Dylan at the end, a really well-crafted episode.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree, this is now my favorite 30min show on TV the whole restaraunt scene and the school speech scene were hilarious. I have a feeling creepy teacher dude will be a recurring character that Hank and more importantly Bill will have to deal with.

I also thought the scene where Bill wants Hank to do the school speech thing and Hank has to act like hes [censored] on drugs and alcohol to cover up almost giving up the info, only to recover by bartering the jacket very funny too.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:08 AM

This show is really good, I look forward to it every week. Of course it will probably only last another year or so before it gets awful, a la Weeds. I definitely had my doubts about Duchovny when I first heard about this, but he really pulls it off. Theme song rocks, btw.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:20 PM

Probably the best written episode so far in my opinion. I think Duchovny's introspection is really taking the show to the next level.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably the best written episode so far in my opinion. I think Duchovny's introspection is really taking the show to the next level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't like this one as much, though I still enjoyed it.

spoilers below

The scene where Bill asks Hank for the favor just seemed way too over the top: "This isn't something I'd want to discuss over the phone...Are you aware she's in high school?" Seems a bit unrealistic that the conversation would start like this.

I think that Hank being "stuck" is kinda making the show resort to random subplots (daughter/guitar guy, random wtf guy from the school, his friend's/agent's cheating guilt).
Old 09-11-2007, 05:52 PM

David Duchovny, why wont you love me?
Old 09-11-2007, 06:52 PM

qdmcg, all the points you make are valid, yet at the time i basically notice none of them, because its just such a fun programme. i look forward to it like no other show on tv right now, and i don't see that changing.

twp, my thoughts exactly.

i posted this in the oot thread earlier this week - it has been renewed for another season already.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:32 PM

David Duchovny was the other student being advised by my ex-girlfriend's mom's thesis advisor as an undergraduate student (if that was confusing, read it again). The advisor was a female professor, and apparently drooled over David, gave him an 'A' for doing nothing and never gave the time of day to my ex's mom. LOL.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
qdmcg, all the points you make are valid, yet at the time i basically notice none of them, because its just such a fun programme. i look forward to it like no other show on tv right now, and i don't see that changing.

twp, my thoughts exactly.

i posted this in the oot thread earlier this week - it has been renewed for another season already.

[/ QUOTE ]

great news it has been renewed.

i thought this last episode was really excellent.

hank moody has turned into the self loathing cool guy [censored] up that i never have been, but have always secretly wished to be.

excellent writing and duchovny is just killing it on here, especially with the intropective stuff and his scene with the girls school.

let's keep some ongoing discussion of this show for sure. J.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:06 AM

All,

Hmmm..

This week's ep (threesome) seemed like a letdown from last week's. The part at the end was sorta intense/touching, but overall this ep just felt sorta light. Also, WTF, how come they stopped showing hot naked chicks?

Also, that was Billy's gf Kat from Entourage last week. So hot. Can't believe we didn't get to see her naked.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Hmmm..

This week's ep (threesome) seemed like a letdown from last week's. The part at the end was sorta intense/touching, but overall this ep just felt sorta light. Also, WTF, how come they stopped showing hot naked chicks?

Also, that was Billy's gf Kat from Entourage last week. So hot. Can't believe we didn't get to see her naked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who does Kat play on this show...its not the secretary right?

Agree that this episode was a bit of a letdown. Don't really see anything happening with the whole Mia situation, and him letting his daughter down was really out of the blue, she always seemed to be very happy with him. Also, WTF, how can you get mad at him for wanting to help in a semi-emergency situation?

Result of threesome was odd/not satisfying.