Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 07:45 AM

Default Re: QQ preflop

Antinome said- "In the eyes of a fish, all raises are probable bluffs. Not many have the balls to push it back at you with air, but with a basically unfoldable hand like AJo, they sometimes man up and push it." This is good.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:16 PM

I haven't chimed in after my original response, but I think that I should.

As I mentioned earlier, anyone who thinks that AA or KK are unlikely here needs to rethink the tendencies of uNL donks. The limp-reraise or smoothcall-reraise is one of these hands a huge percent of the time. That having been said they are only a part of the possible range and the dead money in the pot makes this an easy call even if Button folds, and since it looks like button is likely to call that just makes it even better.

To recap:

Does one of the villains most likely have AA or KK?: YES.

Do we care?: HELL F'IN NO.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:33 PM

call

itīs not close
Old 08-13-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's somebody with 2x the posts in 1/2 the time so obv. he's better. Know your role, bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow... Who do you think you are?? seriously.. you have 16 posts and you're telling someone to know their role?? Go find a message board for children or start acting like an adult. Keep your name calling to yourself..
Old 08-13-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's somebody with 2x the posts in 1/2 the time so obv. he's better. Know your role, bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow... Who do you think you are?? seriously.. you have 16 posts and you're telling someone to know their role?? Go find a message board for children or start acting like an adult. Keep your name calling to yourself..

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was just kidding.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG, I cant beleive you folded here.

This is a call and fist pump. The chance that SB OVERCALLED a raise preflop with AA/KK are minimal, and the odds the pot are laying you are SICK SICK SICK. His range here is like any PP and any ace. This is a TERRIBLE fold

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 08-13-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are reading the action right, right? There's a raise, two calls (!), and then we raise. From there original raiser folds! then button calls again (you think this is a slow played good hand??). The SB raises whatever the hell he raises with -- that he didn't the first time around. Range is monstrously large w/o reads.

Call all day long.

[/ QUOTE ]
this explains it perfectly
Old 08-13-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol, you used to make this call. stop generalizing a situation that is pretty unique, i doubt you've had it more than 1 times in 50k hands (if you've played that many).

follow the action, and put your opponents on a range (hint: its pretty wide) of hands. don't automatically think you're beat because you're at a decision for all your chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about spots where someone doesn't reraise the first time around but then shoves after I make a reraise? That's happened plenty of times.

I did follow the action. You guys think Hero's 3-bet is inviting a shove from weaker hands. I don't.

But I'm glad I got into this thread. I probably wouldn't fold QQ here anyway because I hardly ever do. Now I'll be able to feel not so much like a donkey when it happens because I'll know most of you guys woulda called too.

I've been beaten by KK/AA with QQ in Button vs BB, BB vs SB, SB vs BB, any whacked out combo you can think of probably significantly more often than the average. I tend to assume people aren't putting buyins in preflop with weak hands until I have a read on them.

Given the discussion in this thread I think you guys may be right. It may very well be a maladjustment on my part.

Oh, and yeah I've played over 200K hands at microstakes. I haven't seen it all or anything but I didn't just start last month.

Also dude, why the condescension? Like, who the [censored] are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

haha i just saw this. sorry everyone else if this appears to be a drama-bomb.

i'm sorry if you took that for condescension, but come on man. you had 4 posts in this thread trying to prove your point, and your statement (i used to make this call) was a little out of line considering that this spot is pretty rare.

we try to educate each other here, and if that means tough love from time to time it is most defnitely a good thing. you may think i'm a piece of [censored], but i got you thinking about this hand, didn't i?

and don't be so hypocritical - i never claimed to be anybody, i just post in strat threads in this forum because it's the most legitimate in terms of ego. sometimes i forget that and post something in vein. [censored] me and i'm sorry for offending anyone.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's somebody with 2x the posts in 1/2 the time so obv. he's better. Know your role, bitch..

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for contributing.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG, I cant beleive you folded here.

This is a call and fist pump. The chance that SB OVERCALLED a raise preflop with AA/KK are minimal, and the odds the pot are laying you are SICK SICK SICK. His range here is like any PP and any ace. This is a TERRIBLE fold

[/ QUOTE ]

at these stakes it is closer than that IMO, but I can't fold here and I'm a nit