Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 06:41 AM

Default Re: Would This Work? (Traffic Stop)

[ QUOTE ]
You're speeding in your car. You're busted. Before or after you pull over you and your friend in the passenger seat jump in the back, switch places a bunch of times, etc, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
i'd like to see you pull this off before you pulled over
Old 08-10-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP,

An even better idea: cops can't give a speeding ticket to a cat! Just let Toonces pilot your whip.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they could ticket you for allowing an unlicensed driver (the cat) to drive your car. Besides, as I recall, Toonces always always ends up driving the car off a cliff.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:21 PM

I personally have never seen this situation, but I have heard of something similar before and the cop just said F It and gave both occupants the same charges (I am 90% it was DWI)... The cop isn't the judge and jury and doesn't have to sort it all out like Magnum PI - he just slaps em both with charges and lets the prosecutor figure out what they want to do with them. I would think it never gets this far most of the time.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:14 AM

The cop arrests you both for Obstructing Governmental Operations or Giving False Information to a Police Officer, or whatever other charge they can think up. You both go to jail, have to bond out, and have to hire a lawyer and show up in court. Maybe beat the speeding charge, but you lose on another charge, and the judge hits you with maximum penalty (up to a year in jail and $5,000 fine) for being a smartass. Or you could have taken the ticket and gone to traffic school with no conviction on your driving record. [Sigh...]
Old 08-11-2007, 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're speeding in your car. You're busted. Before or after you pull over you and your friend in the passenger seat jump in the back, switch places a bunch of times, etc, etc.

Now, unless the officer gets a good look at who was in the drivers seat (may or may not be easy to do), he can't prove who was driving.

Obviously one of you was but if no one confesses they can't get you for the speeding. Is there some other law this falls under? Is it against the law to switch places in your backseat?

PS - I'm fully aware that you risk the officer freaking out (shooting seems doubtful), he will be pissed, this is a lot of trouble over a traffic ticket, etc, etc. I'm just curious if it would work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go post this question at:

bet-the-pot.com

it's a poker forum and a cop is the owner of the site. He's pretty cool for a cop, at least seems to be online.

Post it in their OOT (anything goes is the name of the forme) and see what he says.

My guess is that the cop would try to change you with as many offenses as he possibly could, obstruction? would he add in made up ones like crossing marked lanes, reckless driving, I don't know. But I think it would really scare them/piss them off and they would want payback.

Obstruction might fit the bill.

and no prosecutor or judge is gonna take kindly to such tactics if it gets to court.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay so how would this actually work?

The cop pulls you over, and you say "no way copper! We were doing the old 3 card monte trick on you. You don't know who was driving, HAHAHAHA!"

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:42 AM

this is the most retarded idea ive ever read, even for F OOT standards