Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 08:37 AM

Default Re: New York Giants

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
It would not make sense to dump a QB that has nearly 50 TDs in his first full two seasons as a starter.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't use this in isolation. Number of touchdown passes, by itself, is irrelevant. How many picks does he have? What's his completion percentage? What's his QBRating/DVOA? Exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many games has starting Giant WR's/TE's missed the past couple years due to injury? how many times has Eli had successful 2 minute drills? how many successful game winning drives? ... whatever, regardless, suggesting that the giants should have blow up their roster including getting a new QB is ridiculous

[/ QUOTE ]

Mantooth,

Eli Manning sucks. Sometimes he looks good, other times he looks downright awful. He's an average NFL QB - nothing more.

Which is why I think those super-coaches will be very hesitant to come to New York. Were I one of those guys, I'd say 'give me the ability to cut Manning after a year in my system'. I don't know how big a cap hit the Giants would have to absorb in order to do that - it could be a de facto rebuliding year because of it - but it will be necessary.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So you're seriously suggesting that Eli Manning is anything more than a below average to average starting quarterback who makes #1 overall pick money?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was "suggesting" that it is ridiculous to suggest that the giants should have blow up their roster including getting a new QB.
I don't know how much he makes with his restructured contract.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mantooth,

Eli Manning sucks. Sometimes he looks good, other times he looks downright awful. He's an average NFL QB - nothing more.

Which is why I think those super-coaches will be very hesitant to come to New York. Were I one of those guys, I'd say 'give me the ability to cut Manning after a year in my system'. I don't know how big a cap hit the Giants would have to absorb in order to do that - it could be a de facto rebuliding year because of it - but it will be necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many coaches would jump at an opportunity to join an organization like the Giants.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
It would not make sense to dump a QB that has nearly 50 TDs in his first full two seasons as a starter.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't use this in isolation. Number of touchdown passes, by itself, is irrelevant. How many picks does he have? What's his completion percentage? What's his QBRating/DVOA? Exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many games has starting Giant WR's/TE's missed the past couple years due to injury? how many times has Eli had successful 2 minute drills? how many successful game winning drives? ... whatever, regardless, suggesting that the giants should have blow up their roster including getting a new QB is ridiculous

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they should have blown up their roster this past offseason. LOL at anyone who thinks that involves the QB.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So you're seriously suggesting that Eli Manning is anything more than a below average to average starting quarterback who makes #1 overall pick money?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd suggest he's young. Given what they gave up to get him, don't you think they might see if he's going to develop?
Old 08-09-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mantooth,

[/ QUOTE ]

Many coaches would jump at an opportunity to join an organization like the Giants.

[/ QUOTE ]

mmhmmm and why is that
Old 08-09-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mantooth,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

mmhmmm and why is that

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can make it there....
Old 08-09-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd suggest he's young. Given what they gave up to get him, don't you think they might see if he's going to develop?

[/ QUOTE ]

he's not young enough. nothing about his past, either in college or the pros, suggests he will get radically better.

i don't think new york is a particularly desirable place for a coach - i just don't think they've been a well generally managed team for a long time now. unless the coach had carte blance to get rid of the problems, why would he ever join this mess?

i enjoy your trolls wonderfully tyler - say, what place did you finish in the 2004 WSOP? i'm curious
Old 08-09-2007, 11:31 AM

If the Giants go 8-8 I think they should give Coughlin an extension. If they go 10-6 they should give him 50% if the team. There are a number of question marks this season for them (us).

Our Defense is soft in too many spots. We couldn't cover worth a lick last season as Madison looked old (he is) and Webster did not look ready (he's not). Hopefully Aaron Ross will upgrade this and we can play a bit more man to man. The LB's need to step it up. Outside of Pierce there is no playmaker there. Kiwanuka could be okay but will have a tough time adjusting to covering backs out of the backfield.

Offensively they are solid at WR, even more so with Steve Smith coming in this season. If Sinorice could actually play a few games Eli may have some more weapons. Speaking of which.....

If this kid makes any more throws off of his back foot this season my remote will be going through the plasma TV. Don't forget he has thrown 50 TD passes in the past 2 years which ain't too shabby. Jacobs/Droughns is nothing to get excited about. I am excited to not hear our RB's talking about themselves all week though. And Diehl had better be able to play LT so Eli doesn't get killed.

Hopefully this season the QB takes a big step forward and is ready to take us to the promised land starting in 2008. When does Knicks season start?

This will be one frustrating season but next season I hope to see one of these names on the sidelines:

John Fox. Bill Cowher. Bill Belichek. Jeff Fisher.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i enjoy your trolls wonderfully tyler - say, what place did you finish in the 2004 WSOP? i'm curious

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I'm not really trolling. I've barely said anything negative about NYG in this thread. If that's your definition of trolling then I don't know what to tell you other than get some thicker skin.

Secondly, how dumb are you? I finished 126th in the 2004 WSOP and you should know this b/c it's right there in my location, clear as day.