Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 02:43 AM

Default Re: When you think you\'ve seen it all...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He raised and called the flop with 5 7. No draw whatsoever. I explained because I know some of you would have a hard time figuring out what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

people lose thousands of dollars per hand each day in much worse mathematical spots, and you expect us to sympathise with u losing pots that cant even pay for a 2 entree panda express?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not the dollar amount. I have loads of hands today where I was 85% or better to win. I lost to runner runner full house twice today in a few hours. $80 worth of hands I should have won. THAT is why I am break even today and cant move up. I killed UB 10NL for months. Then I tilted all 40 BIs I won in one SnG...

[/ QUOTE ]

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $400.00
BB: $459.90
UTG: $428.70
CO: $376.10
BTN: $374.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $14.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $55.00</font>, BB calls $51.00, BTN calls $41.00

Flop: ($165) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $115.00</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">BTN raises all-in to $319.00</font>, Hero calls $204.00

Turn: ($803) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

River: ($803) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $803.00 ($2.50 Rake)

BTN had J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a flush, Queen high) and WON (+$426.50)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Queens) and LOST (-$374.00)

oh noes! they be hitting backdoor draws!

[/ QUOTE ]

That is hardly a bad beat. Any jack woulda won too after the flop. My bad beats are 10x worse and numerous than yours. And I KNOW I play better than 80% of the people on here. Laugh at me all you want. I know I do, and I will prove it. NOT in a HU match cause I do not play HU. If I ran as good as most of you do I would be at 1000NL by now. Period. I know many people say this. But who has a win rate of 70% with aces and 70% with kings?
Old 08-07-2007, 02:45 AM

I have before.

Listen, closely, ok? The Poker sites don't have it out to get you. You run the same as everyone else. Unless you have played 300k hands and run at 70/70 for the two, you have no idea what is going on.

You are simply not running worse than other players. You are not very good is the problem. Please learn this because if you do you might improve and get somewhere. Stop whining and learn the game instead

And please stop posting stupid microstakes hands in BBV
Old 08-07-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol that turn check blows

[/ QUOTE ]

explain

[/ QUOTE ]

he has TPTK and hes playing NL10

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me what the board was and what he had please.

[/ QUOTE ]

he had a range for calling the flop that obviously included any flushdraw or pair, and you're way the [censored] ahead of his range on the turn so you should put money in. when you figure out why you might not be busto all the time [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

The correct answer is...

He checks every huge hand he has had
He plays ATC
There is a straight possible

Therefore we can conclude that a straight is very likely. And I was right. What we can conclude from these observations is all relative of course. The higher the limits, typically, the less frequent this happens.

/end application to be a 2p2 author in NL Shorthanded Microstakes
Old 08-07-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He raised and called the flop with 5 7. No draw whatsoever. I explained because I know some of you would have a hard time figuring out what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

people lose thousands of dollars per hand each day in much worse mathematical spots, and you expect us to sympathise with u losing pots that cant even pay for a 2 entree panda express?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not the dollar amount. I have loads of hands today where I was 85% or better to win. I lost to runner runner full house twice today in a few hours. $80 worth of hands I should have won. THAT is why I am break even today and cant move up. I killed UB 10NL for months. Then I tilted all 40 BIs I won in one SnG...

[/ QUOTE ]

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $14.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $55.00</font>, BB calls $51.00, BTN calls $41.00

Flop: ($165) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $115.00</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">BTN raises all-in to $319.00</font>, Hero calls $204.00

BTN had J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a flush, Queen high) and WON (+$426.50)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Queens) and LOST (-$374.00)

[/ QUOTE ]

That is hardly a bad beat. Any jack woulda won too after the flop. My bad beats are 10x worse and numerous than yours. And I KNOW I play better than 80% of the people on here. Laugh at me all you want. I know I do, and I will prove it. NOT in a HU match cause I do not play HU. If I ran as good as most of you do I would be at 1000NL by now. Period. I know many people say this. But who has a win rate of 70% with aces and 70% with kings?

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahhahahaohahahahahahaha how many times have I heard THAT one....

How do you propose to prove that youre a better poker player anyway?
Old 08-07-2007, 02:52 AM

why even call the river with trip k's since you know he has a straight? because he might not have a straight? isn't that enough of a reason to bet the turn?
Old 08-07-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

explain

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the stakes doesnt matter. its still the game of poker. why does checking the turn blow? tptk is not a good enough explanation.

well, c'mon. show me what u know. i want to learn.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Microstakes, does not matter...I do not think 1/2 these guys have a fold button.

Stage #728138308: Holdem No Limit $0.10 - 2007-08-07 01:47:46 (ET)
Table: HAMPTON AVE (Real Money) Seat #1 is the dealer
Seat 1 - SNGSKILLME ($6.80 in chips)
Seat 2 - IPLAY27OS ($2.55 in chips)
Seat 3 - DANTEXHALL ($24.55 in chips)
Seat 4 - GARYW34 ($4.40 in chips)
Seat 5 - LBRICK ($5.17 in chips)
Seat 6 - TEXASZOMBIE ($17.39 in chips)
IPLAY27OS - Posts small blind $0.05
DANTEXHALL - Posts big blind $0.10
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to SNGSKILLME [Kc Ad]
GARYW34 - Calls $0.10
LBRICK - Folds
TEXASZOMBIE - Calls $0.10
SNGSKILLME - Raises $0.60 to $0.60
IPLAY27OS - Folds
DANTEXHALL - Folds
GARYW34 - Folds
TEXASZOMBIE - Calls $0.50
*** FLOP *** [Kd 2d 4s]
TEXASZOMBIE - Checks
SNGSKILLME - Bets $0.60
TEXASZOMBIE - Calls $0.60
*** TURN *** [Kd 2d 4s] [3h]
TEXASZOMBIE - Checks
SNGSKILLME - Checks
*** RIVER *** [Kd 2d 4s 3h] [Ks]
TEXASZOMBIE - Bets $2
SNGSKILLME - Calls $2
*** SHOW DOWN ***
TEXASZOMBIE - Shows [5s 6s] (Straight, two to six)
SNGSKILLME - Mucks
TEXASZOMBIE Collects $6.35 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($6.65) | Rake ($0.30)
Board [Kd 2d 4s 3h Ks]
Seat 1: SNGSKILLME (dealer) HI: [Mucked] [Kc Ad]
Seat 2: IPLAY27OS (small blind) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 3: DANTEXHALL (big blind) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 4: GARYW34 Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 5: LBRICK Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 6: TEXASZOMBIE won Total ($6.35) HI$6.35) with Straight, two to six [5s 6s - P:6s,P:5s,B:4s,B:3h,B:2d]

[/ QUOTE ]

what
Old 08-07-2007, 02:56 AM

jesus christ please ban this guy. it's freakin 10NL, the people playing it are just playing it for fun and get their kicks out of pissing off people like you. When you raise 50 cents, they don't look at it as a massive raise, they look at it as 50 cents. So you lost 4 bucks with the best hand, it's not like your kids aren't going to go to college. Suck it up and stfu.

[ QUOTE ]
Laugh at me all you want. I know I do, and I will prove it. NOT in a HU match cause I do not play HU. If I ran as good as most of you do I would be at 1000NL by now. Period. I know many people say this. But who has a win rate of 70% with aces and 70% with kings?

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] running like God, according to OP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

explain

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the stakes doesnt matter. its still the game of poker. why does checking the turn blow? tptk is not a good enough explanation.

well, c'mon. show me what u know. i want to learn.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't strategy, it's [censored] BBV.