Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: In favour of proposed forum split?
I am a hip youngster a vote yes 10 45.45%
I am a depressed reminiscent and vote no 0 0%
I love boobies 12 54.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2007, 01:29 AM

Default Re: How much can Tiger benchpress?

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ going to health and fitness forum on 2p2 like its the holy grail. you have no clue bro. im an athletic trainer and have seen earl boykins bench 335 when he weighed 145 at eastern mich univ. oh, but thats because he has shorter arms, right? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Tigers Woods is in phenominal shape, and benching 300 for a guy his size is not a big deal, now 350, thats another story. stfu, gg, nh, ul.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...oh your a fitness trainer...hahahahahahhahhaahahahahahhahahahahahahh ahahahhahahahhaahhahahahah that makes things a lot clearer.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:51 PM

On steroids or 1 year ago
Old 08-12-2007, 08:18 AM

ok seriously 300lbs is huge and no way tiger could do it
Old 08-12-2007, 08:47 AM

I would bet a large sum that Tiger could bench 300.

Some people are definitely more knowledgeable than me on this subject, but nonetheless. I know Tiger had a tiny 28 inch waist 6 years ago (the Asian). He naturally has a fairly scrawny build, to get as big as he is now is pretty amazing (given that he practices golf for 8 hours a day). You also have to take into account that he pushes himself to get better at whatever he sets his mind to, and would have far more discipline than the average person over a sustained period.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:27 PM

Tiger can easily top out over 300.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tiger can easily top out over 300.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are [censored] retarded there is no way he can do this
Old 08-12-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When I started powerlifting, I trained EXCLUSIVELY for strength, I was 6ft 180, and maxed about 250 (this was after a year of training...how long has tiger ben strength training like this?).

[/ QUOTE ]

That interview quoted earlier was from him in 2000, so I'd say a good 7-8 years. The only reason I can think of that he wouldn't be able to put up 300 is that he doesn't train for a max. It wouldn't surprise me if he could put up 300 if he really needed to. I still voted 260-280 though.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:18 PM

The better question might be either:

"How many reps can Tiger do w/225?"(IMO 15-20) or "How much could Tiger bench if he quit golfing and dedicated the next few years of his life to building up his one-rep max(no roids)?" (IMO 350-375)

Agreed that the only reason that Tiger couldn't do 300 tomorrow morning is that he understands that a pro golfer one-rep maxing out on the bench would be asinine.

I wouldn't bet much that he couldn't do it though, and I definitely don't think it would take him long to get there if couldn't do 300 right now.

LOL at how people get more emotional over lifting in general & benching specifically than over any other topic. I was as bad as anyone in my day, so I'm hardly pointing fingers. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

When I started powerlifting, I trained EXCLUSIVELY for strength, I was 6ft 180, and maxed about 250 (this was after a year of training...how long has tiger ben strength training like this?).

[/ QUOTE ]

That interview quoted earlier was from him in 2000, so I'd say a good 7-8 years. The only reason I can think of that he wouldn't be able to put up 300 is that he doesn't train for a max. It wouldn't surprise me if he could put up 300 if he really needed to. I still voted 260-280 though.

[/ QUOTE ]

my point was that he probably has never trained exclusively for strength though. maybe a little bit but Im sure it was more endurance and flexibility training.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet a large sum that Tiger could bench 300.

Some people are definitely more knowledgeable than me on this subject, but nonetheless. I know Tiger had a tiny 28 inch waist 6 years ago (the Asian). He naturally has a fairly scrawny build, to get as big as he is now is pretty amazing (given that he practices golf for 8 hours a day). You also have to take into account that he pushes himself to get better at whatever he sets his mind to, and would have far more discipline than the average person over a sustained period.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would take this bet if there is anyway to find out this answer, but I am thinking we will never know. There is not a snowball's chance in hell that Tiger can bench 300.

I have thought to myself several times, "man Tiger looks jacked out there..." but then I remember that he is wearing a medium shirt to try and look bigger on TV. He is not that big, he just looks big compared to the rest of the skinny pricks on the tour. I would be willing to bet everything I owned that he can't hit 300 on a good day.

EDIT: omg I completely agree with guids for once....