Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Backing out of a deal in exchange for money is..
OK 68 86.08%
A scumbag move 7 8.86%
Results plz 4 5.06%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Re: B,B, or V?: lilholdem interview!

[ QUOTE ]
But, he obviously must play good.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? No.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But, he obviously must play good.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? No.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're disputing that he "obviously must play good?"
Old 08-02-2007, 06:58 PM

i played with chad in Event #1 (the 5K mixed) at this year's WSOP and he played phenomenally. also a very nice dude in person. sure he's has some interesting fashion choices and isn't as educated as some but that shouldn't take away from the fact that he's a gentleman at the tables. just my two cents.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:11 PM

My impression of him from that interview is that he has a phenomenal talent for poker but he struggles to put his talent into words. This frustrates him a bit and some might see this as rude but I don't. Seems like a really nice kid. A bit eccentric but show me a genius that isn't.

I just don't understand the hate. If he were to go around acting and talking like a complete prick then fair enough but my impression is that most people use his fashion sense as a reason to mask their jealousy of his poker ability.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the interview, it was stated that he dropped out of school in the 7th grade. Then, he apparently was in some trouble and spent time in jail. Then, he discovered poker, and cleaned up his act, so to speak.

Well, if that is true, then it makes sense that he is not well educated. And, just b/c he isn't, doesn't make him an idiot (just maybe not a good interviewee).

Obviously, the interview was comical from a poker content perspective. I mean, he is not good at articulating how he plays and whatnot. But, he obviously must play good. And, maybe, in some weird way, he can see things in poker that educated people cannot. I mean, this kid has a whole other realm of life experiences that none of us pretty boy college types could ever really understand.

He's sort of like that amazing guitar player you know that can't read a note of music, and has no idea about music theory, other than the names of a few basic chords. But, he can somehow rip out any type of music better than anyone you've seen. Somehow, he just has it. And, "it" is something that the general poker population wishes they had.

It is frustrating and difficult to admit that after all of the time you have put into the game, this uneducated idiot with a grill will always be better than you.

[/ QUOTE ]
he's the stu ungar of online mtts

(fwiw i believe it's totally possible to be a good player without being able to articulate it, and that some people do have much more of a natural instinct for the game)
Old 08-02-2007, 07:14 PM

I can't remember the last time someone here made bad comments about Doyle because they were jealous.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:15 PM

its funny that you are all getting leveled because you think the 2p2 way is the only way to play poker. that guy makes more than any of us AMIRITE?
Old 08-02-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My impression of him from that interview is that he has a phenomenal talent for poker but he struggles to put his talent into words. This frustrates him a bit and some might see this as rude but I don't. Seems like a really nice kid. A bit eccentric but show me a genius that isn't.

I just don't understand the hate. If he were to go around acting and talking like a complete prick then fair enough but my impression is that most people use his fashion sense as a reason to mask their jealousy of his poker ability.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are alot of people on here who think they are smarter than they really are. they may know the proper terminology but they constantly misapply it
Old 08-02-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the interview, it was stated that he dropped out of school in the 7th grade. Then, he apparently was in some trouble and spent time in jail. Then, he discovered poker, and cleaned up his act, so to speak.

Well, if that is true, then it makes sense that he is not well educated. And, just b/c he isn't, doesn't make him an idiot (just maybe not a good interviewee).

Obviously, the interview was comical from a poker content perspective. I mean, he is not good at articulating how he plays and whatnot. But, he obviously must play good. And, maybe, in some weird way, he can see things in poker that educated people cannot. I mean, this kid has a whole other realm of life experiences that none of us pretty boy college types could ever really understand.

He's sort of like that amazing guitar player you know that can't read a note of music, and has no idea about music theory, other than the names of a few basic chords. But, he can somehow rip out any type of music better than anyone you've seen. Somehow, he just has it. And, "it" is something that the general poker population wishes they had.

It is frustrating and difficult to admit that after all of the time you have put into the game, this uneducated idiot with a grill will always be better than you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Little Hold Them is A OK in my book, but where did you come up with this tripe?
Old 08-02-2007, 07:26 PM

LOL SICK LEVELING