Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 09:25 PM

Default Re: New PokerStars Data Policy

So if I opt to show my ROI / etc. on a certain website/stat provider - is this information then available to me only or to all those who use the service?

This is a silly policy. The information is out there for tournament results. You shouldn't try to obscure it.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:30 PM

I wish they would get rid of pokertracker and HUD's also.

Ken
Old 08-01-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So if I opt to show my ROI / etc. on a certain website/stat provider - is this information then available to me only or to all those who use the service?

[/ QUOTE ]
Basically whoever the service provider decides to show it to. Some sites might show it to everyone, some might show it only to you, some might show it only to subscribers, etc. But by opting-in at a certain service provider, you're giving them the right to show your numbers.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bad. think emails to support would change this policy? are they going to ban pokertracker soon too?

[/ QUOTE ]

This would come real close to ending my play at Stars. I'm already starting to get on the Full Tilt bandwagon. Stars support is second to none but that only makes up for so much.

Edit: Without PT I would be lost trying to track my own cash game stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have to think, though, that banning PT and PAHUDs would make Stars so profitable it would be hard to avoid playing there.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
slightly different take on this. I like the stats, and subscribe, one thing that I have always hated, in cash, sng's and mtt's, is when someone talks about a bad player at the tables stats and just ridicules the hell out of him.

I want people there just to have a good time, playing a little poker, and go out of my way to be friendly to them. I absolutely cringe evertime the database idiots start spouting off picking on the exact players i want there.

I blame the idiots more than stars for this change.

[/ QUOTE ]

Copy and paste the chat into an email and send it to Stars support whenever you see it. This would quickly end most if not all of the player berating without having to take this step. I'm assuming that if players are berating someone else Stars hands out warnings and bans for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true? I always assumed berating was within the rules altho obviously really stupid and annoying.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
slightly different take on this. I like the stats, and subscribe, one thing that I have always hated, in cash, sng's and mtt's, is when someone talks about a bad player at the tables stats and just ridicules the hell out of him.

I want people there just to have a good time, playing a little poker, and go out of my way to be friendly to them. I absolutely cringe evertime the database idiots start spouting off picking on the exact players i want there.

I blame the idiots more than stars for this change.

[/ QUOTE ]

Copy and paste the chat into an email and send it to Stars support whenever you see it. This would quickly end most if not all of the player berating without having to take this step. I'm assuming that if players are berating someone else Stars hands out warnings and bans for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true? I always assumed berating was within the rules altho obviously really stupid and annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see alot of berating at the tables, and very little seems to revolve around PokerDB/Sharkscope/OPR stats. So while perhaps player on player berating is a small-part of Stars motivation to enact this policy, I'm skeptical this is their real motivation. Players berating each other isn't going anywhere, and I doubt Stars really intends on trying to stop it.

IMO, this seems to be in Stars interest because ranking sites which give access to ROI information make it awfully easy for players to discover they're losing players -- and most players are losing players. Most people don't put a serious effort into tracking their results and delude themselves into thinking they're winners, regardless of whether or not that's the empirical reality.

If you've ever read some of the lesser trafficked/less popular forums or talked to casual players, many are quite certain that they "cash in 70% of the SnGs they play" or "probably make the money in 50% of the tournaments they play". Sites that track ROI and ITM make it altogether obvious to losing players that their delusions are just that: delusions. Easy access to information like that can't be good for Stars bottom line.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:08 PM

Anyone can datamine other people's results
Old 08-01-2007, 11:15 PM

free change of nicknames like on party when it was allowed one change every 6months.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...c=1&fpart=1
Old 08-01-2007, 11:26 PM

motherufcking [censored] ldskjf;lkdsajf;lkdsajf;lkdsajflsakdjf

[censored] YOU STARS, YOU SUCK LATELY.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
motherufcking [censored] ldskjf;lkdsajf;lkdsajf;lkdsajflsakdjf

[censored] YOU STARS, YOU SUCK LATELY.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get why you're so pissed about this. It's not really clear to me whether this will cost good players or help them.

Obv it means we can't just look up everyone at our FTs on pokerdb. But, presumably there are some fish (probably not too many) who quit because they find their stats on pokerdb or sharkscope.