Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 05:32 AM

Default Re: Guess my Favorite Games from Screenshots

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Second ones Kid Chameleon I had a friend who had it on the Mega drive and loved it I always thought it wasn’t that great.

Last on is Another World Roterscoped graphics or something like that made it look like nothing else. People were filmed doing the movements of sprites and the graphics were created by tracing the frames of film.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:39 AM

I looked up that "Another World" game, and it turns out the game is called "Out of this World" in USA.

That last NES game looks familiar... Wrecking Crew?

The part that shocked me about the "PC game is Starcraft?" response is that the responder knew the game was an RTS game, but must not have played Starcraft (the best RTS ever) or even seen footage of the game. That's just UNHEARD OF for someone who knows RTS games.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Last two are super dodgeball and adventure island, i think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right! I'm sure if I showed a different image of one of the other games, people would get it easier since it's somewhat popular for its phrasing.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:44 AM

I knew I'd seen that dragon top-scrolling shooter-ish game before... Dragon Spirit? I think it was a Neo-Geo game. I remember seeing it in arcades on one of those machines loaded with multiple games, where you can push a button to select your game. It would have other games like Metal Slug, Samurai Showdown, etc.

I could be wrong...
Old 08-02-2007, 12:22 PM

sweet man, I have not thought about Bad Dudes (I believe that to be correct) in a long time.

Also, Super Dodgeball is one of my all time favorite games... I must now go find it on ebay so I can play again......

Oh Nintendo, please let me download and play Super Dodgeball on the wii!
Old 08-02-2007, 02:16 PM

Yep! Bad dudes is the 3rd game I posted. "Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president?" lol! And at the end of every stage, you hear "I'M BAD!!" in an obnoxiously loud 8-bit quality sound. I used to turn up the volume every time I beat the stage to make it even louder [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] .. My brother could hear it across the room and we both thought it was hilarious.

I doubt anyone would guess the other two games I posted... the first one was made by Technos, who also made River City Ransom. A pic to show the similarity:

This game was called Crash N The Boys Street Challenge. It's like an NBA Jam version of olympics. For instance, in one event you jump, bash, and slide over/under hurdles against an opponent. But, you can throw a hurdle at your opponent, you can swing a hurdle at them baseball-style, and you can do a jump-spin-kick, Double Dragon 2 style.

In another event, you both are "swimming", although the point of the event is not how fast you can swim laps around a pool. Instead, you both have Oxygen meters, and the objective is to knock your opponent underwater (jumping on top of them when they try to get above water, or pulling them down from underneath them), and then punching them until they pass out for a couple seconds and start to run out of oxygen. They can replenish their O2 by rising above water for a second. When you completely run out of O2, you lose a LOT of health. A pic of this event:

It's a lot of fun, especially with a few friends.

The other one was extremely rare, called Antarctic Adventure. You're a penguin and umm... trying to get to the end of the stages before time runs out, all the meanwhile having to avoid obstacles in your way. A very simplistic game and gets repetitive after a while. I only mention it because I used to play it with my neighbor in college a lot while we were baked [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A few favs of mine that are rather obscure (no re-hosting, so no cheating):

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I remember 2 and 4 but I don't remember their names. Thanks for the memories [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2007, 04:28 PM

First: An old (and obvious) favourite.
Second: Does anyone recognize this game? No one I talk to seems to know what it is. It's like my brother and I are the only ones that remember it. It's NES.
Third: I think this came out the year of my birth. I saw it when I was like 3 or 4.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:40 PM

heh number 3 is popeye, i actually owned that one
Old 08-02-2007, 04:41 PM

1 - Ninja Gaiden. I LOVE this game! That last stage is ridiculously difficult though.

2 - I know this game... I know it... I can't think of the name!

3 - Popeye.