Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Tuff Fish\'s proposal cleared by CA Sec. of State for petition circ.

[ QUOTE ]
Poker does not have the same player base, nor do the players have the same mentality as slots gamblers.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 08-01-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Tuff Fish\'s proposal cleared by CA Sec. of State for petition circ.

Card Player is running this as a headline story too.

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/article/9374

obg
Old 08-01-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Tuff Fish\'s proposal cleared by CA Sec. of State for petition circ

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's the problem wiht a state ballot initiative, it has no review and amendment. It IS law, ....blah, blah, blah..

[/ QUOTE ]

What part of

"m) This act may be amended by 2/3-majority vote of both legislative houses and the Governor’s concurrence."

did you not understand.

Lobby the legislature if you think multitabling is the way to go. They are always hot for money, if your argument holds water, the will love it.

Tuff

[/ QUOTE ]

So just get a super majority to override a veto that can be vetoed for something no politican cares about and it can be changed. Thats so easy, amazing I never heard of that and it happens all the time with no effort. Tell me, do you really hose your Barbie Doll when she doesn't rub the lotion on her skin fast enough?
Old 08-01-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My belief is that multitabling pros were killing online poker as surely as the UIGEA did. This provision, for which I have taken much heat, is intended to ensure some longivity to the site and to the industry.

[/ QUOTE ]

You took heat because you couldn't prove your belief, which is contrary to the business models of the biggest, most successful sites.

Anyway, we've plowed this ground before. You obviously aren't looking for our support here. You need a lot of signatures...I think you have a long, potholed road ahead of you.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:52 PM

If you've lived in California, you know how easy it is to get the necessary signatures, if you have a modest amount of money or fervent supporters such as animal rights activists. This can EASILY get enough signatures if Tuff hires the professional vote gathering companies (basically, people sitting outside of your grocery store/Home Depot/Walmart collecting signatures).

I still think you should have started the initiative sooner, tuff. But I wish you luck on your quest, and thanks for making the initiative one page and readable, unlike the previous version's abomination of a poker initiative.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:42 AM

Biggest and Best Sites:
Party / Tilt / Stars
8+ tabling

Mediocre smaller sized site:
Bodog
3 tabling

Horrible POS site:
Pacific Poker
1 tabling

Old 08-02-2007, 12:55 AM

You realize that had this idea allowed multitabling, heads up, and other things people on 2p2 supported, then you probably could've raised a lot of the money needed to secure the signatures?

As it is now, hopefully it fails to get on the ballot. One tabling online poker would be the most miserable experience. I don't wish it on anyone.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:42 AM

there are no reasonable reasons for restricting multitabling. a few obvious reasons:

-on the business side of things: it severely cuts the amount of games and hence revenue for the operators. operators have no legitimate business reason (unless they hate money) to shortchange revenue this way.

-a shark will very likely have a higher winrate single tabling, so the idea that one can protect fish by giving the fish even less of a chance to survive a shark encounter is... dumb?

-there are more fish than there are sharks. fish/shark ratio guarantees there will always be fish. restricting mutitabling because one believes it lengthens the lifespan of fish as a group and as a result ensures profitable games is a flawed and proven incorrect model. see: partypoker (pre-frist) and now pokerstars.

-fish like to multitable, too.

-and so forth

my belief is that informed people don't support stupid proposals by ignorant people, hence why i stick to my 'nay' vote.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:55 AM

I really hope this thread turns into another bazillion page argument with Tuff_Fish. Really, I do.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One tabling online poker would be the most miserable experience. I don't wish it on anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gamblers looking for action will HATE single tabling, especially full-ring limit.