Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 11:03 AM

Default Re: When did you realize your (semi) major life decision had gone bad?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
worst reason to pick a college ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I picked Binghamton over the other schools I applied to because the admissions people paid for my lunch when I visited. GG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, if you're going SUNY there's worse places than Binghamtom

[/ QUOTE ]

My sister did a year at SUNY Purchase. Can't be worse than that.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ask me in a few months-- I've quit my job and am moving to Vegas later this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

So to answer OPs question, right now?
Old 07-30-2007, 11:36 AM

About the time you have this conversation

Old 07-30-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Two words: Kirksville, Missouri

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, truman is a good school, at least for a weekend visit, Id kill myself if I was up there any longer than that.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:50 AM

I realized about senior year in college that I'd decided to go to a school that was just too big and too impersonal for how I learn best. My life would have been a lot different if I'd decided to put any work at all into my educational career and had gone to some nice little liberal arts school where I might have been tricked into caring about education.

It was one of those things were you realize what ou've gone, but it's too late and the damage isn't that bad. Like watching somebody slowly back into a parked car or something.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:17 PM

I quit playing basketball for the school I'm currently attending after my freshman year. I realized this decision was a mistake at the end of my junior year when I had to face the fact that I needed to take some time off from school in order to avoid being kicked out the following semester. I ended up only taking a semester off, but the series of events that took place after quitting would never have occurred had I just stuck with hoops.

Also, I regret quitting because I had/have a lot of talent, and probably could have played overseas after graduating. Being on a sports team would've kept me on track in school and I would be an alumnus already instead of having a year left. I often feel like I'm wasting a gift.

On the bright side, my school doesn't offer athletic scholarships. So, I still receive the same amount of fin. aid that I did when I played. And the school is pretty reputable, which I'm hoping will give me an edge when I start applying for jobs.

Things could be much worse for me, but I still regret this decision because I realize that I should probably be much further along in, and doing greater things with, my life.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sophomore year of college I decided to live with one group of friends rather than another. I likely would have a very different life right now if that decision was made the other way (probably for the better)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:22 PM

When I went to an out of state college after two years in my home state college, and my folks, who had told me they would pay for college and most expenses, told me they had decided against it a few days after I left the house, and then a week before school started, the college decided to more than double its tuition for out of state students. I was on my way to graduating with significant honors in a year if I had stayed put, and had a sterling record that would have gotten me into lots of good graduate programs. Probably would have gone to law school and been pretty nicely on my way to an excellent life at 24 instead of on a road to nowhere.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:29 PM

I am still paying the price of getting out of academia the first time. That was almost a decade ago now.

I am still paying the price for my last haircut. I realized my mistake right after the dude cut off my ponytail.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:00 PM

I wish I didn't skip grades in school. I skipped grades 2 and 5, and spent the rest of school with kids 2 years older than I. Graduated HS a month after turning 15. Don't do this to your kids.