Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: I flop quads and bet...

CO initially raises, let him hang himself. In this situation, I check call.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:03 AM

Not that I flop quads that often,but I'm pretty sure that when I do,I've checked flop always.

However,after reading all the replies,I really like the bet,and this is why: Obviously it is an advantage to let the others catch up,but if turn card is a blank,then what?

Against the vast majority of players,the flop bet totally disguises our hand,and with the CO chipstack,how many hands is he folding here? Yeah,I read the result,but hopefully it doesn't influence my thinking here.Doesn't it make sense that he'll push w any pair and any big A? Again.since we bet out,he's probably not going to put us on a 3.

If we c/c,that will seem a lot more scary to our opponent.Unless we plan on stealing at a later stage,unlikely with the stacks were they are,hard to see what we'd call,and not bet out with,except a 3.

If we wait until the turn to bet,we might loose the Ax call.We waited,hoping they would hit,well,our turn bet might make them think we hit,subsequently,they'll fold quite a few hands they would call a flop bet with.

The more I think about it,the more I like Joey's bet here.

Of course,this should probably be in the theory forum anyway,I mean,when was the last time YOU flopped quads.....
Old 07-27-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not that I flop quads that often,but I'm pretty sure that when I do,I've checked flop always.

However,after reading all the replies,I really like the bet,and this is why: Obviously it is an advantage to let the others catch up,but if turn card is a blank,then what?

Against the vast majority of players,the flop bet totally disguises our hand,and with the CO chipstack,how many hands is he folding here? Yeah,I read the result,but hopefully it doesn't influence my thinking here.Doesn't it make sense that he'll push w any pair and any big A? Again.since we bet out,he's probably not going to put us on a 3.

If we c/c,that will seem a lot more scary to our opponent.Unless we plan on stealing at a later stage,unlikely with the stacks were they are,hard to see what we'd call,and not bet out with,except a 3.

If we wait until the turn to bet,we might loose the Ax call.We waited,hoping they would hit,well,our turn bet might make them think we hit,subsequently,they'll fold quite a few hands they would call a flop bet with.

The more I think about it,the more I like Joey's bet here.

Of course,this should probably be in the theory forum anyway,I mean,when was the last time YOU flopped quads.....

[/ QUOTE ]

This reasoning is fine versus 1 opponent, but we're up against 2. By betting we maximize the chance that we won't stack both. If we bet and CO crams then button probably folds his Ax or 55. If we check and CO bets we might trap the button with a marginal holding.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:24 AM

preflop = horrible

flop = perfect

advice in thread = mostly atrocious with a side of decent
Old 07-27-2007, 08:11 AM

CO is likely not going to hang himself... that's what my read said. He might have taken a small stab but I doubt it. He did not in past follow up on his steals with c-bets and would go away.

No chance I'm stacking both of them.

I stand by my original theory and maybe it's because of my style (LAG). Betting quads had paid off more recently. Maybe that's variance then.... all I'm saying... try it sometime.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
preflop = horrible

flop = perfect

advice in thread = mostly atrocious with a side of decent

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed
Old 07-27-2007, 09:59 AM

I honestly don't think it matters if you bet it or not ...

If you bet and he has cards or overs then he sticks with it. If bupkiss then he is gone.

If you check and he checks behind and a scare card shows then he will ditch if you bet the turn

At some point you have to get $$$ in and your read needs to match with villains hand.

nh though

also ... dude, fold pre [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Although I like the idea you had a plan, that plan in this spot is usually just spewage. Sometimes things like this happen and disguise the spew but do this 100 times and you will be out chips
Old 07-27-2007, 10:01 AM

My plan was to spew and have another drink! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My plan was to spew and have another drink! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't listed earlier and makes the play +ev ... nh sir!!