Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Re: Collusion in canterbury 30/60 game?

[ QUOTE ]
I've never played at canterbury but live close by. whats your take on the entire operation?

[/ QUOTE ]

canterbury is a great room.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:55 AM

If you want to know who colludes, look at the people defending adamantly that there is absolutely no collusion taking place... ever. They obviously care enough to get real defensive about it and dismissively laugh off accusations of collusion.. not to say that it really matters / is huge but if anyone is colluding its these guys.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to know who colludes, look at the people defending adamantly that there is absolutely no collusion taking place... ever. They obviously care enough to get real defensive about it and dismissively laugh off accusations of collusion.. not to say that it really matters / is huge but if anyone is colluding its these guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are dumb.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:00 AM

Lol I hope you arn't naive to collusion in live games, I would assume not because you have played a fair share. Read my post over again maybe it will sink in.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol I hope you arn't naive to collusion in live games, I would assume not because you have played a fair share. Read my post over again maybe it will sink in.

[/ QUOTE ]

what am i supposed to gleam from reading that post twice? the fact that you are basically accusing vehn and maybe myself of colluding simply because we state that we don't think anyone colludes in that game? you are [censored] idiot.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:29 AM

Actually I was not accusing anyone of colluding.. I really don't think of it as a large issue... I read the other post from the guy who accused several players at the 30 game of colluding. His post seemed to be nothing more then venting frustration at his losses in the game.

I simply know that collusion does happen in almost all regular live games even if its not some intricate scheme, craftily plotted out to scam the rest of the players at the table. Usually its just informal and not ill intentioned but the result of regulars playing against each other certain ways and isolating one another.

People try to downplay it or don't even realize it I guess, but it is something for a new player to consider. And in cases where I have noticed rampant collusion (not at CP), the regulars were very cagey and dismissed any accusations of collusion.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:38 AM

you are dumb. I don't know you but almost certainly I've played many many more hours and years of live poker than you. I make it a point to not make friends at cp. The only real friends I have that play the same game are soap and pbob both of which I knew before we were playing the 30 together, and I don't softplay them. I don't loan money to people, I don't talk shop at the table, I don't want anyone else besides me making money off that game. I play entirely on my own. The reason I am so adamantly against this collusion BS is because any hint of it no matter how unfounded can hurt the health of the game and by proxy my livelyhood. Get a clue.

[ QUOTE ]
I simply know that collusion does happen in almost all regular live games even if its not some intricate scheme, craftily plotted out to scam the rest of the players at the table. Usually its just informal and not ill intentioned but the result of regulars playing against each other certain ways and isolating one another.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not even describing collusion here, re-isolating a regular who's isolating a fish is not collusion. There is no such thing as "informal collusion". I mean cmon.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:39 AM

I was just wondering if there is any room on the PokerBobhasthegreatestblog bandwagon?

Also, it is VERY unlikely there's any collusion in the CP 30 game.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:38 PM

Actually, collusion can be spontaneous. I ran into an old friend in a poker room. After exchanging pleasantries he said, "Okay..this is the signal for a set, this means AA or KK,...". I said I'd find another game to play. I didnt' want a seat at the table that I wouldn't play my hardest against.

"I don't softplay them. I don't loan money to people, I don't talk shop at the table, I don't want anyone else besides me making money off that game. I play entirely on my own."
QFT
Old 07-28-2007, 05:28 PM

Hmm