Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 12:57 AM

Default Re: Heated Exchange with 24hr Fitness front desk guy WTF

[ QUOTE ]
mbillie, the anger displayed in this post of mine isn't really aimed specifically at you. It's just at my frustration to all that disagree with me. I consider myself a reasonable, open-minded guy and I'm always willing to consider other people's arguments. I just don't understand at all how someone can disagree with me here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the kid was a dick to the OP, was out of line, etc. I just don't think it's that big of a deal I guess. I mean, I don't like when people are rude to me either... I just don't see how it's a "heated exchange" or a big deal or whatever.

I mean, I had to call UPS the other day have them fix a mistake that they made. The lady was incredibly rude, accused me flat out of trying to scam her (claimed I was someone else pretending to be me, it's a long story), made me fax her my drivers license, etc. That was pretty out of line too, imo, I guess it just doesn't phase me for whatever reason.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:57 AM

i agree with you all the way, and i hate bitchy customers. i hate when people abuse customer service people who generally have [censored] jobs and enough [censored] in their life without having to deal with asshats. but OP was doing nothing wrong. the stupid customer service guy got smarmy and dickish for no reason so i say [censored] him and fire his ass. you're a tool for siding with the employee, mbillie. pick your battles. the guy at your sprint store was a dick and deserved to be kicked out. but on the other hand, OP didn't deserve to be yelled at. The employee could have said, in the future please try not to forget your card. That might still not be cool and I doubt the manager would be happy if he said it, but what he chose to say instead was totally out of line.

i also held down a cservice job in HS and took [censored] from customers. two week before i went off to college, this lady was being a bitch to me. we were out of a product and shes screaming at me about how its my responsibility to make sure we have it in stock. i said that i'dbe happy to give her a rain check and when we got it back in stock I would personally call her and give it to her at the sale price when she came back in. This wasn't good enough for her and she continued abusing me so I said under my breath "what an uppity bitch". Now this lady happened to be black and I guess she took my remark as racist because she got even louder and started scaring other customers and the manager came over and bitched me out in front of the customer till the customer was happy and left. Then the manager and I had a good laugh about that uppity bitch.

cheers
Old 07-24-2007, 12:58 AM

lol guys, just because I feel I have misrepresented my opinion here:

I agree that the kid was a dick to the OP for no reason. I just don't think that someone being a dick to you is that big of a deal I guess. I mean, it sucks and it was uncalled for, but like... "heated exchange"? Post on OOT? They didn't even yell at each other.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:00 AM

i edited my post. believe me i'm always very very nice to cservice people when they are nice to me. but if they are [censored] i am going to [censored] bitch them out. i've been on both sides
Old 07-24-2007, 01:32 AM

How can this whole thread go with no funny pics from "DodgeBall" there would be some great gym pics in that movie.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:41 AM

You can't let people's attitudes affect you like this. Yeah, the guy was in the wrong but toxic people are everywhere and there's nothing you can really do about it except put them out of your mind. I would have ignored the guy and forgotten about the whole incident by the time I had gotten to the lockers.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:05 AM

Could be worse - the 24 Hour Fitness here isn't even open 24 hours a day. Bastards.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:05 AM

Wow, that was quite the tension-filled argument.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, to me it sounds like the guy was trying to be funny, but it didn't come off that way to surf at 4 AM.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea he wasn't trying to be funny. I'm not good at writing screenplays to convey tone but he was definitely scoffing and rolling his eyes being a complete douche with his first response.

i guess my retort wasn't really friendly but whatever, I'm a [censored] customer gawdamit, $55.month I pay these bastards. And yes a red carpet would be nice every once in a blue moon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow $55 a month? I pay $5 for 24 hour fitness.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Wow $55 a month? I pay $5 for 24 hour fitness.

[/ QUOTE ]

When mommy and daddy add you to their account thats how much you pay.
Let me guess, your car insurance is $10/month?
Closed Thread