Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Re: 25NL VIDEO: 4 TABLES AP

you play very similar to myself and think pretty much the same as well. i think ur game is pretty good only a few pointers......
12:48 im probably checking my boat there... i think by doing this we can get paid off by pocket pairs on the river with a value bet and u have got the high full house so no need to worry...
20:15 i think he is calling here with a pocket pair or A* and will shove to any cbet.. i prefer to check here and see what button does as they obv have a strong hand to call reraise.. if button bets i fold and if they check they have missed or low pocket pair and evaluate turn
22:50 i think that ace is a very good card for you and is a defo cbet...
36:00 i agree the board just sucks fold
41:00 i probably check into him... and see what he does.. its not a good situation to be in OOP and with a nitty player behind.... u beat AJ rele i dont see this with weak ace.. maybe a set played badly.. check turn he checks, check call river
45:00 raise him is correct, ur felting if he has teh five tbh... board is soo drawy cud be soo many hands...
hope this helps

Old 07-24-2007, 10:47 AM

Downloading. Will comment later.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:57 AM

ill take a look
Old 07-24-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have been told i raise from the SB too much when folded to me. So you advocate just foldin?? I usually just raise from the SB when the BB is tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

No,I like that you raise in the SB to steal the BB. I mean you raise 4-4.5BB to win 1BB, but you should raise 3-3.5BB to win 1BB. You have to succeed a lot less often so you can do it more. If betting more buys more FE that I can see betting more, but in my experience that isn't the case.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You'd rather steal than isolate? Is there any hand where this is the opposite situation.. (like are you always tighter when isolating as opposed to opening)

[/ QUOTE ]

Isolating is what I do at a tight table with good players and one passive fish, but then I might be tempted to play RIO hands with highcard strength ... KTo and such, which I normally shy away from.

I have no idea if the limper in question was such a fish, but you use the word limpers here, so I am ussuming more than one limper.

J7s does not really play that well postflop, I mean what can you hit ???

In a stealing situation it is fine as

1) you take down the blinds
2) you get it HU and can take a shot with a cbet
3) a rare time you will hit a draw and can do some funky [censored] and get psycho aggro

The fact that 1) happens some of the time increases you winrate and makes it ok.

But by isolating with J7s you are more or less relying on taking it away after seing a flop, as villian(s) have already shown interest in their cards.

It is a preference thing, in cardrunners vids and some of the SSNL vid, you will hear the mantra, punish the weak limpers repeated often, so you are not the only one doing this.

But personally I am no great fan of it.

[/ QUOTE ]gelf-

ive been doin this alot. u get 2 limpers who play like 40 10 .5 and one calls ur preflop raise. they just c/f like 3/4ths of tha pots. they r playin oop with a wide range of hands. there is no possibility they can b profitable in this situation.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:08 PM

ya me/Fees decided last week that isolating limpers is mega +EV at uNL
Old 07-24-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you play very similar to myself and think pretty much the same as well. i think ur game is pretty good only a few pointers......
12:48 im probably checking my boat there... i think by doing this we can get paid off by pocket pairs on the river with a value bet and u have got the high full house so no need to worry...
20:15 i think he is calling here with a pocket pair or A* and will shove to any cbet.. i prefer to check here and see what button does as they obv have a strong hand to call reraise.. if button bets i fold and if they check they have missed or low pocket pair and evaluate turn
22:50 i think that ace is a very good card for you and is a defo cbet...
36:00 i agree the board just sucks fold
41:00 i probably check into him... and see what he does.. its not a good situation to be in OOP and with a nitty player behind.... u beat AJ rele i dont see this with weak ace.. maybe a set played badly.. check turn he checks, check call river
45:00 raise him is correct, ur felting if he has teh five tbh... board is soo drawy cud be soo many hands...
hope this helps

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i pretty much agree w/ everything you said [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. But the AQ hand against the nit are you c/f the turn?? cause i hate to c/c both streets there. If we c/c both streets i think we are probably behind and i think most the time he is only raising us on the turn w/ hands that beat us.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gelf-

ive been doin this alot. u get 2 limpers who play like 40 10 .5 and one calls ur preflop raise. they just c/f like 3/4ths of tha pots.
I don't think we disagree Kaz

[ QUOTE ]

Isolating is what I do at a tight table with good players and one passive fish, but then I might be tempted to play RIO hands with highcard strength ... KTo and such, which I normally shy away from.

[/ QUOTE ]

You discribe a 40/10 limpers, one fish two fish .. holla ... fish is the key word

[ QUOTE ]

they r playin oop with a wide range of hands. there is no possibility they can b profitable in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

The question is who they are ... if you have a 22/10 player and a 25/15 player limping, then I am not sure that playing J7s for a raise is profitable, unless you have a really strong read, that they are weaktight postflop.

But then again, I have a tendency to play with a very ragged image, so people don't respect my bets (Bastards!)
Old 07-24-2007, 04:30 PM

johnny write an article about isolating weak/loose uNL fish and put both our names on it.. GO!
Old 07-24-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
johnny write an article about isolating weak/loose uNL fish and put both our names on it.. GO!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol there's not much to say

1) they limp
2) they suck
3) they're OOP
4) we raise, we take initiative
5) c-bet missed flops, profit
6) nail flops with T8s, profit
7) overpairs/tptk, profit