Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who's the more pitiful human being?
Me 2 18.18%
Popinjay 9 81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2007, 05:34 PM

Default Re: OOT:Decide the fate of my relationship

Pic of us together...the only ones of us together online one or both of us look retarded in one way or another, maybe I'll give in to the OOT peer pressure when I get back from the gym.

I'm going to the University of Cincinnati..Only about 20 minutes away from where I currently live. From UC she lives about 45 minutes away, but her family has been talking about moving to a house close to my current house, so she would only be about 20 minutes away from school.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:36 PM

you are gonna do what you are gonna do, my guess is probably not break up with her now, and eventually it will happen. long distance is hard, i did it all through college, my gf was really hot though.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:36 PM

When I started dating a girl senior year of high school, I was pretty explicit from the beginning that I wasn't going to date her once we left for college. She sort of ignored that at the time, and got pretty upset come August when departure was imminent. At the time it was pretty sucky, and I felt bad about it - I liked her quite well but she was definitely more into me than the other way around. But it didn't take particularly long to feel that it was the right decision, and that's despite not getting any ass for the first few months of college.

It's hard to listen to these things, but it really is the case that the majority of high school relationships dissolve by about Thanksgiving of the first year of college. You're welcome to take your shot, obviously, but that just tends to be how things work.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:37 PM

Do you plan on at least partying? Because if you dont you might as well stay with your g/f and spend the weekends driving the 40 minutes or so, rather than hanging out on campus wondering why you arent hooking up.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I box and I'm trying to lose about 35-40 LBs for that, and I'll have to keep that weight off

[/ QUOTE ]

Woah, woah, woah - are you obese or something?
Old 07-23-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But I hate feeling like I'm keeping my feelings secret from her.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a g/f from HS that I was in a ld relationship for about two years. For the last couple months, she had been feeling about the same way you sound like you are. We broke up in a fairly friendly way (she never cheated), but after learning she'd been feeling like that for a while and never telling me, it pretty much ripped me in half. The friendship ended quickly after that and it bothered me for a long time.

My only suggestion would be to not keep it from her. It doesn't sound like this is gonna work out long term if you feel this way now. No sense putting her through more pain than she has to go through. Tell her how you feel, see if you can leave it open. If yes, great for you. If no, it sucks, but you'll move on. Nine nines this isn't the girl you're gonna marry...don't kill yourself over it.

Seriously, ten years from now you won't remember feeling any of this. I don't remember the pain I went through. But I also lost a great friend because of what she put me through at the time...I do still miss that.

- C -
Old 07-23-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To the OP - welcome to life. You're going to go thru this several more times. It doesn't get easier. The posters who argue that you're better off starting college solo are probably right, and it's the most fair thing for her.

"Most everyone can agree that the girl you date in high school is your last opportunity at a good relationship, so don't blow it." - most everyone under the age of twenty, maybe. This has to be in the running for the stupidest comment I've seen posted - and that's saying a lot.

MM MD

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess, you arent a Doctor of Funny are you?
Old 07-23-2007, 05:52 PM

All,

I have found this girl's facebook profile. If we really want to, we can decide the fate of OP's relationship by linking her to this thread.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:52 PM

If you aren't going to be partying and trying to randomly hook up with drunk college girls then there's little reason to break up with her. 45 minutes is NOTHING, I know a ton of people that drive further than this to work/school everyday. If and when you start developing feelings for other girls take a "break". It's also much easier to meet other girls when you already have a girlfriend.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

I have found this girl's facebook profile. If we really want to, we can decide the fate of OP's relationship by linking her to this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you deserve another star.