Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Did you finish in time?
yes 64 64.00%
no 36 36.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2007, 04:45 AM

Default Re: Moderator Vote/Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hell, I don't know why nobody's suggested pokerboy!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think my name did pop up somewhere but I've made it pretty clear in another thread that I wouldn't be interested in doing it. I'm trying to spend less time on the computer as it is and more time doing stuff with my family etc. Plus there's quite a list of qualified people, many of which have been here longer or would probably be better suited for the role.

On that note I say we replace Nation with somebody who is actually willing to spend some time in here helping out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i knew that pokerboy wasnt interested in becoming a mod for several reasons. I also see that the forum started with nation and berge as mods meaning that the forum was intended to have 2 active mods.

I have been a daily and most likely bi- hourly posters on this forum since it began and can honestly say that i cant even remember more than a couple posts here and there nation made for the first couple weeks he was mod here. Since then i have never seen him.

Berge was an awesome, fair, and fun mod and its too bad he has such an important lucrative job that keeps him away from 2p2 most always these days.

Diebitter is here frequently but as one man he can only do soo much.

In conclusion-- The forum seems to have been created with the intention of having two reasonably active mods (berge, and nation) this has never really been the case and will not be until we add another willing and able mod to help diebitter out.

[/ QUOTE ]

DLM has taken the words right out of my mouth. These are pretty much my thoughts exactly. I think I'm scared, D! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'm not suggesting, nor is anyone I believe, that we should oust you, Berge. You still provide significant contributions around here and I see no reason why you shouldn't continue as Mod. Unfortunately, you don't have quite as much time as you used to. Just think having a second really "active" Mod would be nice and occasionally helpful to DB.

Sounds like we have several interested and viable candidates and it looks like the majority support adding another Mod at this time. Not sure exactly how to proceed at this point, so I'll leave it to DB and Berge to decide.

BTW...PB you would make an outstanding Mod, but I also remember you saying you wouldn't be interested. I understand completely.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:51 AM

A new mod would be a very good idea, I agree.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if the forums split then i vote bottomset for micro mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

do I have to play micro stakes, or can I just respond to the hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bottomset,

I'm certainly not in charge around here, but I suspect we will be hard-pressed to find my micro players who are experienced enough to serve as Mod.

Hey...maybe you can just do a new micro video every now and then? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] What happened to the second one btw?
Old 07-25-2007, 07:50 AM

CMAR for mod, yay!

No offence to Bottomset, who is a fountain of knowledge and a great contributor, but still nowadays can be a little abrupt and caustic in advice posts, partic. with the more junior players many of whom are easily put off from contributing if they are made to feel in any way stupid or inferior.

I'd echo that the board needs a replacement, not another mod. I'd never even heard of Nation until I saw him sticking up for those bot sweatshoppers recently, which I thought showed a real lack of judgment on his part.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:32 AM

Well, if/when we get a new mod perhaps the forum should vote on who it should be.

I agree with DLM. Essentially there is only one active mod right now. I think Nation should be removed and he should be replaced.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, if/when we get a new mod perhaps the forum should vote on who it should be.

I agree with DLM. Essentially there is only one active mod right now. I think Nation should be removed and he should be replaced.

[/ QUOTE ]

PB,

I'm all for a vote but thought it might be nice to first allow DB and/or Berge the chance to say yay or nay.

At this point it looks like we have the following volunteers:

CMAR
Bottomset
MT2R
CalledDownLight (?)
KurtSF

If I missed anyone here in the thread, I apologize. Let me know...
Old 07-25-2007, 09:28 AM

I like the first 4 - Kurt is not enough on my radar to give a decent off-the-cuff assessment, but I specifically like CMAR and MT2R.

I think given I'm asleep at the busiest times, this is a good idea.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to be mod

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I'm the oldest here, right? (52) Not more mature, just oldest. Plus I spel goot. As an added bonus, my jokes are terrible too.

What more could you want?

(BTW, I'm campaigning to get the job because it'll look good on my resume..... iffen I ever fire myself)
Old 07-25-2007, 09:38 AM

I am willing to do it, but I think the exact situation could sway me.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:19 AM

Perhaps our list of volunteers could offer a blurb about how they plan on approaching the position and how that will differ from the other candidates.

Maybe make some signs and buttons while you're at it.