Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Why is Vanessa Rousso always blabbing about game theory?

[ QUOTE ]
Neither of those videos showed horrible plays... they weren't good, but not crazy bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct! First was crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy bad...
Old 07-20-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope i can make it to her next clinic and she can tell me her game theory leading to this play::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn_HYmEUKck

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG ADMO IS AT THAT TABLE!!
Old 07-20-2007, 02:51 PM

the first hand calling the 8k more on the turn wtf
Old 07-20-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hope i can make it to her next clinic and she can tell me her game theory leading to this play::

[/ QUOTE ]

That might be the single worst played hand in the history of poker. She made about 5 mistakes in one hand.

1. I don't even like the call out of the SB, but ok
2. Check raising out of position with a draw into 3 other players without drawing to the nuts when there are 2 of suit on the board
3. Leading again on the turn out of position when a card that hits draws comes off.
4. CALLING a raise on the turn with nothing but a crappy draw?
5. Making a $5 bet into a what, $40k pot?

Seriously this girl has zero clue what she's doing. She's obviously some kind of luckbox to have anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, point 4 & 5 are junk but 1 & 2 are fine, donk. And as a sidenote, do you often cr in position?
Old 07-20-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, in that hand, how does Clownie not bet out or check raise the flop? How does Rousso call the turn bet after she was called on the flop, then bet into on the turn when the 5 made no draw and hit no draw? I won't even get to the river action because it is just so painful to even comprehend.

[/ QUOTE ]
Flat calling it on the flop with a player behind is fine at least sometimes, she DID bet out on the turn, and while the 5 didn't finish any draws, there are many cards that could hit the river that kill action for either/both of them, and the river, and how losing your pot-sized stack on a river "blank" is "too painful to even comprehend" is beyond me.

I don't think Clonie is a very good poker player, but her play here is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably why I suck at cards and at life in general, but to me this entire hand was just played horribly by both. Rousso calling Nenad's preflop raise with a-4 offsuit? You either muck that or pop it, who flat calls a raise with that? It should have been painfully obvious to Rousso that when Nenad check, she bet, and Clownie called, Clownie had a hand like A-10, 10-10, J-10. What did she think, Clownie was cold-calling a flop bet with a player behind with a hand like J-Q? Of course when Nenad folded, Rousso could not have put him on an ace so it's extremely easy to put Clownie on an ace there, let alone two pair.
Clownie not check raising the flop is just AWFUL in my opinion. With a board like that, how do you give somebody a cheap turn card. Rousso could have easily called with an A-Q and you're giving here a cheap shot at broadway or two pair. If I was Clownie, I would have made a nice checkraise on the flop and then shoved the turn. Seriously, on the turn, what hand could Clownie have been holding that Rousso could beat there? Total donk call by Rousso here on the turn.
As for the river madness, I was basically thinking aloud when I wrote and not really referring to the bet/call. I was more embarrassed by how amateur the showdown was. Clownie was so nervous she basically calls her handout before a call was made and the chips go in, and Rousso for talking out loud like a jackhole about how she "thinks she has to call" as if anybody gives a you know what. That's what I was referring to but I understand if I confused you because I have a tendency to do that to people. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Also, the physical tells Clownie gave out are just scary. At first she's pissed about the blinds blah blah, flop comes down and she instantly shuts up and gets focused. Way to play nothing but the cards there Rousso and miss one of the most classic tells of all time.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It's not that different...

As noted she is a statistical outlier in poker and that meens donkaments in particular since she have made money in a few of those.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well donkaments are like lotteries.. i.e. often times fish get lucky and win a few, like Rousso. As long as she pumps it back into the poker economy that's good, and she most certainly will overtime. People may rag on Jamie Gold but at least that idiot is giving it all back to the poker economy. The problem I have is that he's giving it all back to the high stakes guys where it seems to stay. But poker is a giant pyramid ending up it the hands of a select few.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was more embarrassed by how amateur the showdown was. Clownie was so nervous she basically calls her handout before a call was made and the chips go in

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. If you watch it again, at the same time Rousso says "I think I have to call", she flicks her hand as if to motion that her chips are going in and then reaches for her chips with both hands. The tone of her voice also implies she is calling because she "has to" rather than that she is thinking that she has to call.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Neither of those videos showed horrible plays... they weren't good, but not crazy bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, what hands were you watching? With the exception of Jennifer Tilly checking a boat to Patrick Antonius, that hand against Brandon Adams might be the single worst example of poker play ever televised. Made even worse by it being a cash game. $5K into a $30k pot?

The first time I ever heard of Vanessa Rousso I was watching a poker roundtable show produced by the Ultimate Poker Challenge folks, in which Vanessa, Dan Harrington and Clonie Gowen were asked to analyze and discuss a hand from a UPC Tournament. Vanessa made one of her usual "Aren't I smart because I use advanced poker lingo" comments, only to have Action Dan and Clonie tell her how wrong she was and how they would do the exact opposite.

Say what you will about Vanessa's play, but I'll never be accepting of her know it all attitude. Just shut the f up already. Every word that comes out of her mouth is either about how brilliant she is or how much she knows about poker. OK, we get it...you read Super/System too.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That might be the single worst played hand in the history of poker. She made about 5 mistakes in one hand.

1. I don't even like the call out of the SB, but ok
2. Check raising out of position with a draw into 3 other players without drawing to the nuts when there are 2 of suit on the board
3. Leading again on the turn out of position when a card that hits draws comes off.
4. CALLING a raise on the turn with nothing but a crappy draw?
5. Making a $5 bet into a what, $40k pot?

Seriously this girl has zero clue what she's doing. She's obviously some kind of luckbox to have anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, point 4 & 5 are junk but 1 & 2 are fine, donk. And as a sidenote, do you often cr in position?

[/ QUOTE ]

PLease what site do you play at and what is your nick?
Old 07-20-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Um, what hands were you watching? With the exception of Jennifer Tilly checking a boat to Patrick Antonius, that hand against Brandon Adams might be the single worst example of poker play ever televised. Made even worse by it being a cash game. $5K into a $30k pot?

The first time I ever heard of Vanessa Rousso I was watching a poker roundtable show produced by the Ultimate Poker Challenge folks, in which Vanessa, Dan Harrington and Clonie Gowen were asked to analyze and discuss a hand from a UPC Tournament. Vanessa made one of her usual "Aren't I smart because I use advanced poker lingo" comments, only to have Action Dan and Clonie tell her how wrong she was and how they would do the exact opposite.

Say what you will about Vanessa's play, but I'll never be accepting of her know it all attitude. Just shut the f up already. Every word that comes out of her mouth is either about how brilliant she is or how much she knows about poker. OK, we get it...you read Super/System too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really trying to think how in the hell you could have butchered that hand any worse. I don't think it could have been played any worse.

And the A4 hand is just horrendous as well from the get go. First off she's a complete donk for calling a raise with A4o. I would insta note her as an uberdonk if I were playing her online from that call alone.