Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: ATs vs. TAG

[ QUOTE ]
then when I do my best to try to understand your thinking you answer with a one-liner saying we need to be result oriented and not discuss any other possible outcome of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've completely lost me and you're again saying I said things which I didn't ... I'm just gonna have to, wow, I don't know ... steer clear of you?
Old 07-19-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
then when I do my best to try to understand your thinking you answer with a one-liner saying we need to be result oriented and not discuss any other possible outcome of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
You've completely lost me and you're again saying I said things which I didn't ... I'm just gonna have to, wow, I don't know ... steer clear of you?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds good to me.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:57 PM

I like a call and a call/check on the turn if nothing ugly happens. Any raise in this hand UI is really spewy against a TAG this deep.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:11 PM

Nick, I'm not saying youre wrong about villain value-stacking himself with worse(because this is a very tough spot imo), but did you see the post yesterday where somebody bet/bet/pushed AJ on like an AKJTx board or something? I could see villain doing this with AQ/KT for sure.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nick, I'm not saying youre wrong about villain value-stacking himself with worse(because this is a very tough spot imo), but did you see the post yesterday where somebody bet/bet/pushed AJ on like an AKJTx board or something? I could see villain doing this with AQ/KT for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it could happen too, but I really don't think it happens often enough to call a big river bet.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't read that, was it vs a tag? I might be wrong, just putting my thoughts out there. My feeling is that vs an unknown tag AQ/AJ hands can be discounted pretty heavily when he makes a big river bet. I think folding there is correct, even though he'll occasionally show up with some retarded stuff. I appreciate your input.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:34 PM

Showdown tax thread from yesterday Here is the link to the thread...I think it sucks personally because we never get called by worse imo, but some poeple liked it.

The one thing I hate about call/call/fold is that out hand is face up as something that doesnt really want to play for stacks. Its hard to say without a good read on villain (will he fire 2 barells here, does he overvalue hands, is he a showdown nit, etc)
Old 07-19-2007, 05:01 PM

Villan is a TAG regular. Hero should be viewed as solid. There is no history to speak of. Lost the HH so doing this from memory:

Absolute Poker 200NL 6m

Stacks:
Hero: $390 (Button)
Villan: $400 (UTG)

PF: Villan opens UTG for $8. All fold to Hero who elects to call $8 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Blinds fold, HU to the flop...

($17) Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villan bets $15. Hero calls $15.

($47) Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villan bets $38. Hero calls $38.

($123) River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villan checks...

Notice Stack sizes. All comments appreciated. how much are we bet/folding river for?
Old 07-19-2007, 05:09 PM

If he knows you will float him, I think this is a great spot to bluff (as I think a bet will be in the place). I'd bet about 75-90. You might get looked up by a straight or AxQ[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

I think this will work because KQ is definitely in your calling range, with either the K or Q of hearts.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:13 PM

wtf at a bet being a bluff here?

bet 85 and hope to get looked up.